AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this new TV. Of course the internal speakers are not great. I have attached my Logitech Z623 speakers to the audio out. They work fine except there is no remote volume control. I have to get up and turn the volume knob on the speaker. I thought this would be a common problem with an off the shelf solution. So far I am striking out. I don't know my electronic components, but I would think all I need is the equivalent of a remote controlled volume knob for 2 channels. Does anyone know of a device that can do this for me? I would hate to buy an entirely new sound system when I am happy with this only to get a remote control.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
What you need is powered speakers with a remote control.

I don't know of any.

I suggest that you get a Sony STRDH130 receiver, which can be had at Amazon for less than $100 (refurbished), and a pair of the Dayton B652 speakers, which you can get for $40 new.

Don't let the low price mislead you; these are pretty good speakers.

I used them in my den to replace some Boston speakers that cost 3 times as much and did not sound as good.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Commsysman,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your thoughts, but I think I have given in to just purchasing a new sound system with HDMI-CEC so that the TV will control the on/off functions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts