AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Currently have a Samsung LN52A650 that is working fine but I would like a bigger screen.  I am not sure that I have ever been unhappy with the PQ on ANY TV that I have owned because I guess that I just don't pay that close of attention and they are all I have ever know.   However, I would like to get the best bang for my buck so my question is this.  Should I pull the trigger on a 65" F8000 now or hold out hope for the Vizio P series and get the extra 5"?  What would you do and why? Is there another set that I should consider in the 65" - 75" range that is sub $3,000?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Or the Samsung PN65F8500.  Geez, the more research I do the more confused I become.  I thought that is was supposed to be the other way around.

·
Registered
658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Wing  /t/1525321/samsung-un65f8000-or-wait-for-a-70-vizio-p-series/0_100#post_24555382

Currently have a Samsung LN52A650 that is working fine but I would like a bigger screen.  I am not sure that I have ever been unhappy with the PQ on ANY TV that I have owned because I guess that I just don't pay that close of attention and they are all I have ever know.   However, I would like to get the best bang for my buck so my question is this.  Should I pull the trigger on a 65" F8000 now or hold out hope for the Vizio P series and get the extra 5"?  What would you do and why? Is there another set that I should consider in the 65" - 75" range that is sub $3,000?

I'll tell you what my logic was for this decision.

The Vizio's sound nice, but they are just not available. So there is problem number one.

I do not really care about 4K right now, and when it comes right down to it I have a 720P plasma that looks incredible running Bluray content.

All things considered I did not want to wait till the 4th quarter to find out if Vizio follows through.

In addition, I just got a great deal on the 65F8000, the closeout prices of this set are phenominal, check out the "LCD FOUND DEALS" thread.

Also I wanted 3D. In some ways I know it is a gimmick, but in some movies it is pretty cool. Also in some games it is great. 2014 Vizio is out of the 3d game.

Mostly I just wanted it now. In the end if you choose to wait you will probably be happy. But for now I AM happy. happy, happy, happy.

As far as "other sets in the range" the Sharp SQ, UQ or the Sony 850A are solid choices. that being said, after seeing them all I found the picture of the F8000 to be superior. I expect that it will be better than anything Vizio comes out with this year.

Feel free to shoot me any questions I will do my best to help. I know how hard it is to make this decision. But it is more fun researching and shopping than buying and owning.

·
Registered
658 Posts
regarding the 8500. it is a great plasma.

I have decided to jump from a Panny plasma to the F8000 because the LED/LCD "POP" factor. I wanted a set that woul dbreath new life into my games and I feel (personal opinion here) that LED/LCD has the edge (no pun intended) over plasma.

However, the 8500 is an EXCELLENT choice. but you wont see the discounts we are seeing on the F8000s right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts