AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Just read the JU7100 thread it is the same unit except flat screen.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
Is this set 65JU7500 has 8 bits or 10 bits panel?
Any owners of this set yet? C'mon people say something about this set.
according to mark fitzgerald who created the "JS9500 just arrived" thread, he works at a tv store that exclusively sells samsung tvs and is a authorized retailer, he says only the JS series is 10 bit, it is on his spec sheets.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
according to mark fitzgerald who created the "JS9500 just arrived" thread, he works at a tv store that exclusively sells samsung tvs and is a authorized retailer, he says only the JS series is 10 bit, it is on his spec sheets.
I thought JU7500 has 10 bits panel, still we can't get anybody here to talk about this set about anything PQ, black levels etc. etc. I had 65HU8550 returned few months back for different panel and Novatek chip instead of Golf.
Do we have to worry similar things with 65JU7500?

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I thought JU7500 has 10 bits panel, still we can't get anybody here to talk about this set about anything PQ, black levels etc. etc. I had 65HU8550 returned few months back for different panel and Novatek chip instead of Golf.
I think the 7500 is a late arriver. I believe the 7000 series and up all have good chips. We'll have to see if samsung changes to a crappy chip mid year like 2014. I don't think they will though because the Novatech in the 8550 will be replaced with the new chip in the ocb upgrade. That won't be the case with the JU series.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the 7500 is a late arriver. I believe the 7000 series and up all have good chips. We'll have to see if samsung changes to a crappy chip mid year like 2014. I don't think they will though because the Novatech in the 8550 will be replaced with the new chip in the ocb upgrade. That won't be the case with the JU series.
I just confirmed this with Samsung (again who know how accurate might be) JU series has 8-bits panel so what this brings in the table, like you said probably better chip in it or not?
I really didn't want a go over 3K and really don't want a jump on JS series. Few JU owners (7100) came with very positive reviews. I don't know

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I just confirmed this with Samsung (again who know how accurate might be) JU series has 8-bits panel so what this brings in the table, like you said probably better chip in it or not?
I really didn't want a go over 3K and really don't want a jump on JS series. Few JU owners (7100) came with very positive reviews. I don't know
the JS8500 might be down near 3k by black friday, but alot of people cant wait that long. i dont think many people will be disappointed with the ju7100 or ju7500 as a good consolation tv though in the 3k range.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the JS8500 might be down near 3k by black friday, but alot of people cant wait that long. i dont think many people will be disappointed with the ju7100 or ju7500 as a good consolation tv though in the 3k range.
I'm swapping my Panasonic 65AX800U with Samsung 65JU7500 Tomorrow, i loved the Panny especially colors were really nice much better than my returned UN8550 but Panny has those vertical lines that when camera panning is very bad especially (hockey, soccer etc.) otherwise best set so far i had, i hope i won't miss it or making a mistake going for JU7500

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
I'm swapping my Panasonic 65AX800U with Samsung 65JU7500 Tomorrow, i loved the Panny especially colors were really nice much better than my returned UN8550 but Panny has those vertical lines that when camera panning is very bad especially (hockey, soccer etc.) otherwise best set so far i had, i hope i won't miss it or making a mistake going for JU7500
well the 8550 will have better colors with the new OCB according to some samsung reps as it will get the purcolor feature that the 9000 has. while the colors on the 9000 are nice, the sony triluminuous is better. if you want the BEST colors you'll need the quantum dots in the JS series. worse you can do is try it out and play with it for a couple weeks, by then the JS8500 should be out and then if you really want to you can always swap the 7500 for the 8500. but who knows, the 7500 might be good enough :) when you watch sports, make sure you enable the new "sports mode". it shuts off tv settings that arent used for sports and it puts all its power into the settings that matter(contrast, motion etc). im eager to try this out!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well the 8550 will have better colors with the new OCB according to some samsung reps as it will get the purcolor feature that the 9000 has. while the colors on the 9000 are nice, the sony triluminuous is better. if you want the BEST colors you'll need the quantum dots in the JS series. worse you can do is try it out and play with it for a couple weeks, by then the JS8500 should be out and then if you really want to you can always swap the 7500 for the 8500. but who knows, the 7500 might be good enough :) when you watch sports, make sure you enable the new "sports mode". it shuts off tv settings that arent used for sports and it puts all its power into the settings that matter(contrast, motion etc). im eager to try this out!!
Here is the thing, i already returned many sets and i don't want a be that guy keep returning sets, i do hate that but anyway, already read some JS9000 owners complaining light bleed etc. and want a return exchange, this is JS9000 which according to Samsung their best model. Seems like industry still has a long way to go and until then (who knows how long) probably we have to settle these all problem filled sets and doing so we have to watch how much we are paying.
I'm hoping under 3K i'm okay and also believe year or two these sets will get corrected like plasma era.
Until then we have a 4K set and didn't break the bank is a safe bet.
Hoping that my JU7500 will be good enough for a while.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Guys

I sold my 8550 and 9000 yesterday and brought home a JU7100.. As I reported in the 7100 thread I am liking it and still discovering things about it.. I may bring home the 7500 as well to play with as I am thinking about bringing a Curve into my world.. I have sold dozens of them to my customers but am still reluctant to use one myself.

I would probably try out a JS8500 but when you look at the specs and you add 1200 retail to the price you have to wonder is it really worth that much more ? Same question goes for the JS9000/9500..

With only half a day with the JU7100 I am pretty happy so far.. I usually use natural and when my fiancé got home and saw it she said it was a bit drab and not punchy as she's used to and I put it back to dynamic.. She liked that more. The natural this year is alot different and not as bright as last year..

I have not played with any settings except for motion because it was judder city out of the box.. Just turning off the auto helped alot.

I guess the coming weeks alot of people will have these and we can see how people tune them to make them look better.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I had 65HU8550 returned few months back for different panel and Novatek chip instead of Golf.
Conclusive proof photos are available for the JS9500 and the ju7100 series. Both have the same pass/fail profile for 444 chroma: 4K/60Hz = pass, 4K/30Hz fail (422 chroma replicated sub sampling method). The results have been confirmed by mulitple sources, photos are irrefutable.
To whom did you return your Nova Tek TV, and how is it that you wound up with a GolfP?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Conclusive proof photos are available for the JS9500 and the ju7100 series. Both have the same pass/fail profile for 444 chroma: 4K/60Hz = pass, 4K/30Hz fail (422 chroma replicated sub sampling method). The results have been confirmed by mulitple sources, photos are irrefutable.
To whom did you return your Nova Tek TV, and how is it that you wound up with a GolfP?
I just returned the TV to best buy it was in my returning window, i never got golf chip set, i didn't even know when i purchased Samsung has different panels and chips in a same model TV's.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I just received my 65JU7500 this morning, box sticker shows Version: TH01 is this means something like previous UH8550 series we were all looking versions and which panel etc.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Guys

I sold my 8550 and 9000 yesterday and brought home a JU7100.. As I reported in the 7100 thread I am liking it and still discovering things about it.. I may bring home the 7500 as well to play with as I am thinking about bringing a Curve into my world.. I have sold dozens of them to my customers but am still reluctant to use one myself.

I would probably try out a JS8500 but when you look at the specs and you add 1200 retail to the price you have to wonder is it really worth that much more ? Same question goes for the JS9000/9500..

With only half a day with the JU7100 I am pretty happy so far.. I usually use natural and when my fiancé got home and saw it she said it was a bit drab and not punchy as she's used to and I put it back to dynamic.. She liked that more. The natural this year is alot different and not as bright as last year..

I have not played with any settings except for motion because it was judder city out of the box.. Just turning off the auto helped alot.

I guess the coming weeks alot of people will have these and we can see how people tune them to make them look better.
VGI, if I may I'd like to ask you a couple of questions on your decision to purchase a Samsung UHD model for this year, rather than an SUHD TV.

I'm looking closely at the idea of buying the JS8500 flat-screen SUHD TV, whose specs you fully understand. I would buy this TV on Black Friday, when I believe the price should be around $3,500 USD. But the UHD models should be at least $1,000 cheaper. What I'm beginning to think is that if the display quality on a 2015 Samsung UHD TV is adequate (always a subjective evaluation), then its lower cost would make it easy to keep the TV for just three years, and sell it off for a Samsung or LG OLED model that should be affordable. So I'd first like to ask how you rate the quality of your 7100 to that of the HDR demo clips of the SUHD line. In your opinion would it really be worth paying extra for the increased resolution of 10-bit color and HDR visuals, at least over the next three years? To give you something to gauge by in my case, my current TV is a five year old plasma 3D TV. It's a decent set, but I can't help noticing that 1080i broadcast images seem soft compared to the upscaled imaging from the 2014 65" 8550 and 8750. I did see one 1080p movie upscaled on the 8550, and I was quite impressed with it, compared to my plasma. Since the specs on the 7100 seem to be better than the 2014 HU9000, I have a feeling that I might be quite happy with the 2015 7100 or 7500, but I'd like to gain your opinion on this.

Secondly, I'm not in love with the idea of a curved screen, but it appears that the 7500 has somewhat better specs than the 7100. Can you give your opinion on whether that might be an issue for me? For the record, I would do no gaming on this set, using it only for broadcast programming, Netflix 4k and Blu-ray 4k. (I understand that I would not get HDR and 10-bit color from the 4k player.)

Thanks for all information and opinions you're able to give.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts