AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I purchased a Samsung UN6840 on super bowl Sunday. It had a great picture but had horrible sound and would randomly shut off. After reading threads on here I decided to return it.

I went to Best Buy today and they recommended that I get the Samsung UN7250. It was curved and had a beautiful picture. The price was right too. I went home and checked consumer reports and it was rated number 8. It is rated very well on Best Buy's website though. What are your opinions on it? Would there be a better option for around that price range? I pretty much just watch thr news, prime time tv and movies occasionally. I typically buy top rated stuff so the consumers rating is bothering me a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I would not buy this one if it was me, it has 60hz refresh rate and does not handle motion good at all.

I returned one awhile back do to poor quality and blur.

You can the 65" HU9000 series for 3899.99 and get free curved soundbar, 32" Samsung TV, and UHD Video Pack. Straight from Samsung. (This is Samsungs top model for 2014)

Or you can buy the new 65JU7100 2015 model from Best Buy right now for 2999.99 which has allot of improvements.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I would not buy this one if it was me, it has 60hz refresh rate and does not handle motion good at all.

I returned one awhile back do to poor quality and blur.

You can the 65" HU9000 series for 3899.99 and get free curved soundbar, 32" Samsung TV, and UHD Video Pack. Straight from Samsung. (This is Samsungs top model for 2014)

Or you can buy the new 65JU7100 2015 model from Best Buy right now for 2999.99 which has allot of improvements.
the 7100 is out???

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
the 7100 is out???
Yeah some Best Buy stores have them in stock and are selling now. You will need to ask for it.

Also HHGreg may have them also.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
Also, I believe that it's a 120hz refresh rate. At least that's what it says online.
there are many people who think it is a 60 hz tv, the motion is not good. best buy is gonna start having big sales soon on the 2014 tvs.

your best bet, is to spend just a tad more and get the 55" JU7500. it will blow the 7250 right outta the water in every area, its 1999 and curved. it has a high motion rating, auto depth enhancer, and purcolor. and it has the new operating system with better remote. you wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been to my local Costco a few times within the last week and walk by this TV all the time. They have the Costco version (HU7200). That's the "top" 4K TV they stock at that particular warehouse. It looks decent, but needs improvement. I would either suggest the JU7100 or JU7500 series that was just released and go with a size that fits your budget. If your budget allows, the 65 inch HU9000 is going for $3500 while 55 inch version is $2999.

P.S. Not trying to cause an annoyance:) but if you're looking for 4:4:4 4K/60hz with a PC on the 7200/7250 don't count on it, I tried a thumb drive with a proper test image and it failed the chroma test.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
what do you watch most of? do you love the curve or just want a good picture? if you can get up to 2000$ a nice thought is the panasonic ax800u Good blacks good contrast, excellent colors good motion good up scaling.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies! We mostly watch prime time tv, news, movies and basketball/football games occasionaly.

I had the 6840 and feel like the picture on the 7250 is washed out compared to that. I don't need to necessarily have the curve. I've read that it's kind of a joke. Any other opinions on what I should do would be grestly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Thanks for the replies! We mostly watch prime time tv, news, movies and basketball/football games occasionaly.

I had the 6840 and feel like the picture on the 7250 is washed out compared to that. I don't need to necessarily have the curve. I've read that it's kind of a joke. Any other opinions on what I should do would be grestly appreciated!
Samsung UN55JU7100 or the Samsung UN55JU7500 Best Buy stores are getting them in now. These are the 2015 models with many improvements.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Samsung UN55JU7100 or the Samsung UN55JU7500 Best Buy stores are getting them in now. These are the 2015 models with many improvements.
How does everyone know that these are good tvs if they haven't been released yet?

How does Sony compare to Samsung? I saw the xbr 850b and it had a great picture.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to look at the XBR 850b again and that has a wonderful picture. It was next to the XBR 800b and it blew it away. What do you guys think of that tv? Any other suggestions? I'd like to get something this weekend.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
I went to look at the XBR 850b again and that has a wonderful picture. It was next to the XBR 800b and it blew it away. What do you guys think of that tv? Any other suggestions? I'd like to get something this weekend.

I had the 850b for 2 weeks. Pretty good picture but the motion is very under powered with motionflow 240. The 2015 version has been bumped up to motionflow 960. That's 4x the power, sony realized 240 was way too low for such a tv.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I had the 850b for 2 weeks. Pretty good picture but the motion is very under powered with motionflow 240. The 2015 version has been bumped up to motionflow 960. That's 4x the power, sony realized 240 was way too low for such a tv.
Thanks for the response! So is the 2015 model still the 850b? What about the un8550? Or would I be better off waiting until the new tv's are released?

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
Thanks for the response! So is the 2015 model still the 850b? What about the un8550? Or would I be better off waiting until the new tv's are released?
the 8550 is decent, but at this point you'd be better off with the JU7100(2015 model). the 850b sort of has 2 new versions, the 850c and the 900c, both of which will be much better than the 850b. so if i were you id look at the samsung ju7100/sony 850c/900c(but the sonys wont be out for 6-8 weeks) and i guess take a look at the panasonic 800u too lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the 8550 is decent, but at this point you'd be better off with the JU7100(2015 model). the 850b sort of has 2 new versions, the 850c and the 900c, both of which will be much better than the 850b. so if i were you id look at the samsung ju7100/sony 850c/900c(but the sonys wont be out for 6-8 weeks) and i guess take a look at the panasonic 800u too lol

Okay sounds good! So the JU7100 should be in best buy stores soon? I saw that Crutchfield had them already.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts