AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a Samsung UN75F7100 in December to replace a 55" 8000 from a few years ago. I never had any issues with that TV. Great TV. The issue I am having now is the following:

1. 2 weeks ago it rebooted on its own, seemed to be twice in a row. I thought hmm maybe a power surge, or a firmware reboot that was auto for some reason. Didn't think much about it.

2. A week ago the TV went into a reboot cycle again, this time it was consistent. I tried unplugging the TV and the receiver. It came back online after a couple minutes.

3. This morning the TV went into a reboot loop again, this time permanently. Rebooted the receiver, maybe it's a signal flopping, that wasn't it. TV kept the reboot cycle when disconnected from the receiver. Unplugged the TV and waited for 20 minutes then plugged it in again. I don't even hit the power on button. It goes straight into a reboot loop again.

4. Plugged the HDMI out from the receiver to my monitor and the TV signal is fine. Nothing like watching TV on a 27".

When I unplug the TV it still reboots about 5 times before, I guess the capacitors, are drained and stops. When I plug it in It's simply a red light that flashes twice, hear a click, logo flash then repeat, over and over and over again now.

Got a service ticket open and will likely get it repaired I guess. Sucks that a 4k TV is busted 4 months after you buy it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I plugged the TV in and just let it roll through the cycle for about an hour while holding down buttons on the smart remote. It finally came on. I went straight to disable auto firmware update and then checked the version.

It's 1121 and they just released a 1120 on the 9th, 1 week ago, which fixed, most notably the first problem:

Release Date Mar 9, 2014

Upgrade File(USB type) (Firmware) (ver.1120.0)

This firmware is for TV Model(s): LED F5500/F6300/F6350/F6400/F6800/F7050/F7100/F7150, PDP F5500

The version is 1120.0

This firmware update will improve the following:

- Solves Auto Off-On Issue

- Solves the issue Smart Control does not work.

- Solves Network Connection Issue with Wireless Router.

- Improves Picture Quality.

- Solves the issue Screen Mirroring does not work.

- Solves the issue Digital Clean View does not work correctly.

All OS Mar 9, 2014 MULTI LANGUAGE 626.97

Odd that there's already a 1121 version? Oh well TV is back, for now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update to this in case someone crosses paths with this thread. I had to get Samsung tech over to replace essentially everything except the panel. He says it's common and has to do with a short in the MB. He replaced the PSU, board and a cable I believe. 3 parts. This was over a year ago now I think and it's never happened since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts