AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
so I noticed that my 75" f8000 bought 4 months ago developed like what seems to be an horizontal banding problem.
I don't recall I saw it before (I inspected it quite in details). But I do now.
My panel is wall mounted (not sure if the issue could be due to that)

Its visible maybe 20% of the time, specially when panning. its not DSE as its a clean straight line with a little lighter tones below and darker tones on top.
It's about 8" from the top all accross the screen.
Its visible on mid tones backgrounds, like grey backgrounds, DVD menus etc...

It is very distracting.

I wanted to know if this is something that can be fixed. If not how do you guys usually deal with this? I want to avoid hoops and loops with Samsung support/warranty.

thanks!
ben

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,
so I noticed that my 75" f8000 bought 4 months ago developed like what seems to be an horizontal banding problem.
I don't recall I saw it before (I inspected it quite in details). But I do now.
My panel is wall mounted (not sure if the issue could be due to that)

Its visible maybe 20% of the time, specially when panning. its not DSE as its a clean straight line with a little lighter tones below and darker tones on top.
It's about 8" from the top all accross the screen.
Its visible on mid tones backgrounds, like grey backgrounds, DVD menus etc...

It is very distracting.

I wanted to know if this is something that can be fixed. If not how do you guys usually deal with this? I want to avoid hoops and loops with Samsung support/warranty.

thanks!
ben
I have a similar issue - I posted pictures of a test image using a laptop to try different colors to reproduce the issue consistently. That post is here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...unxxf8000-owners-thread-252.html#post26325473

For a while I was ok with it if I cranked up the backlight setting to 20, but now I find it shows up more and more. I'm planning to contact Samsung about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts