AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm all but certain I am going to move forward on the Samsung model this week. Obviously, it is not a cheap t.v. at $5000-$4500 although an original MFR of $8000. My question is can you see the 2014 m-series Vizio 80" model providing a better picture than the Samsung in pure speculation? I am aware of the FALD vs edge lit but with the reviews of the F8000 tv's from CNET I'm not convinced the m-series or even the p-series for that matter will exceed the PQ of that F8000. 75" really is the bare minimum size hence why I am not considering the p-series (coming from a 106" Epson 8350 projection setup). 3d is something i'm very much interested in and the Vizio models don't even offer this; however, if they somehow offered PQ exceeding the Samsung by a large margin I would make the compromise of not having it.

In any event I know no one can answer this question for certain given the m-series is not even out but just looking for some input from others. I can say that the dead pixels constantly being discussed in various Vizio models in addition to the ones in Sam's club locally is something i'm a bit uncomfortable with. The F8000 60" model in Best Buy looks incredible albeit with the very limited content they can display on it due to their in-store configuration.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
207 Posts
You're really comparing two sets in different classes. The Samsung is almost, or at the top end of their range. Though the M series is most likely to achieve better contrast, I'd imagine every other picture quality attribute is going to be in favor of the Samsung.

Again, pure speculation given the M series is a couple months away.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrke1  /t/1524994/samsung-un75f8000-vs-2014-vizio-m-series-80-speculation#post_24547767

You're really comparing two sets in different classes. The Samsung is almost, or at the top end of their range. Though the M series is most likely to achieve better contrast, I'd imagine every other picture quality attribute is going to be in favor of the Samsung.

Again, pure speculation given the M series is a couple months away.

Yep, that is exactly what i'm thinking as well and even the contrast is not guaranteed to be better in the Vizio but the potential is certainly there. Thanks for the input, like the title suggests speculation is what i'm looking for as it is all we can go off of at this point.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought a f8000 from Paul's can't wait to get it running! Selling my Epson 8350 and fixed frame Dalite Hi Power Screen 2.8 material so head to for sale section if you're interested!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts