AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm contemplating getting a BR player, I decided to download the iso update. But Samsung just list 'windows' as the OS. Will this iso extracted from the zip work with the mac disk utility?

I hope this hasn't been asked before, I couldn't find it if it was.

·
Registered
12,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lparsons21 /forum/post/0

Thanks. I got it and it burned just fine.

I got the disc burned just fine with my mac, but then when I tried to do the upgrade in the 1200 the player said 'this disc cannot be played'. Then when I got home, I burned a disc on a PC; it also burned just fine but also worked in doing the upgrade.

Therefore just because you got the disc burned on your mac, it may actually not do the the upgrade. Will be interested to hear.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill /forum/post/0

I got the disc burned just fine with my mac, but then when I tried to do the upgrade in the 1200 the player said 'this disc cannot be played'. Then when I got home, I burned a disc on a PC; it also burned just fine but also worked in doing the upgrade.

Therefore just because you got the disc burned on your mac, it may actually not do the the upgrade. Will be interested to hear.

It will be much later before you hear from me on this. I don't yet own a BR player. After I got the Samsung 1000 iso, I mounted it on the mac. Mounted fine and I could see files on it, which leads me to believe it will end up working.

BTW, did you burn it with the OSX Disk Utility or another program?

OTOH, the iso I downloaded for my Tosh HD-DVD A2 (gets here tomorrow), won't mount although it seemed to burn fine.

·
Registered
12,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lparsons21 /forum/post/0

It will be much later before you hear from me on this. I don't yet own a BR player. After I got the Samsung 1000 iso, I mounted it on the mac. Mounted fine and I could see files on it, which leads me to believe it will end up working.

BTW, did you burn it with the OSX Disk Utility or another program?

OTOH, the iso I downloaded for my Tosh HD-DVD A2 (gets here tomorrow), won't mount although it seemed to burn fine.

I use Toast on my Mac. I would think that it would burn just fine as long as you have the option of burning an ISO image file.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.