AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've had my 3253H since late August '07 and am now getting kind of annoyed with it.

I discovered a few months ago that the left side of the panel was brighter than the right side. The issue can "removed" if I drop the brightness level below about 45, but then the TV picture is pretty dark (and is still noticeable in some greys). Has anyone had any luck getting this problem serviced via the warranty? Mine expires in 2-3 months, so I was curious if it's something I should start looking in to.

Also, my TV seems to temporarily retain an image. I don't know how or why it happens, but if the screen fades black I can still see a lighter greyish outline of whatever commercial was previously on. It's most noticeable on car advertisements when the screen fades to black with just the car on screen. The image is still retained until I switch channels. It DOES persist onto other commercials or programs even if the commercial/program scales down to 4:3. Any clue if it's a defect, or does it happen to other people also? This is most noticeable through digital channels picked up through the coax cable plugged into the tv. I don't have STB from a cable provider.

I tried posting this in the official Samsung thread for my TV, but no response. Does anyone know if these two items are covered under warranty? They're really starting to get on my nerves and, if possible, I'd like to fix them before my warranty expires!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Why not just give Samsung a ring and ask them to send a tech out to have a look at your set?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's the plan. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be wasting their time or my time by having to call them out. I'm also curious if the temporary retention/outlines of images is at all normal, since this is my first LCD set and all the other TVs in the house are plasmas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts