AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone especially Samsung plasma tv owners.

I just found out today that Samsung is no longer making new plasma tv's and will be phasing our their line this year. They will be focusing solely on LCD's now. I'm wondering what this means to us Samsung plasma owners, how will the support be over their 2 year parts and labour if they dont even make plasmas anymore.

I'm kind of frustrated with Samsung right now. I got a HP-S4273 tv from futureshop and the pedistal stand was defective. Warped on both ends causing the tv to rock left to right. I got the tv exchanged and the new one had dents in the finish AND the same defective stand..

Now i'm left in a position where they cant exchange it for me and I have to get a different tv. Other than the pricey pioneers, is there any TV that can match the PQ on this tv?? I havnt been able to find anything and im sure as hell not going the LCD route after seeing such realistic images come out of this samsung.

All your comments, suggestions are appreciated.

Bogez

·
Registered
545 Posts
Whoever you were talking to doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

Via Engadget

Relevant Text

Quote:
Samsung's plasma TV lineup is headlined by a 58-inch wireless 1080p HDTV, ready to stream HDTV straight to the set via 802.11n. All of these TVs also include FilterBright2 Plus technology, and anti-reflective film to improve contrast levels and cut down on reflections.

* HP-T5894W: 58-inch (wireless, 1080p, HDMI 1.3 w/ CEC, 10,000:1 contrast ratio), September, $5,699

* HP-T5884: 58-inch (1080p, HDMI 1.3, 10,000:1 contrast ratio), September, $5,199

* HP-T5084: 50-inch, May, $4,199

* HP-T5064: 50-inch (13-bit signal processing, 10,000:1 contrast ratio, 1,300 cd/m2 brightness and "Auto-Wall mount" to adjust the mount angle via remote), March, $3,199

* HP-T4264: 42-inch, March, $2,299

* HP-T5054: 50-inch (54 series loses the Auto Wall mount feature and 13-bit signal processing), July, $2,999

* HP-T4254: 42-inch, July, $2,099

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wait... now I see what's going on.

Futureshop is feeding you a load of crap. They don't want to replace your set, so they are telling you that they can't get it because the model is discontinued. Except that the model won't be replaced by Samsung until this Summer. The 4273 is still in production and is still available.

If the problem is that they can't get it from their distributor, that's tough for them. They have to give you your money back. They give you a defective product, keep your cash, and then tell you to pick something else.

BTW: this is what happens when you disregard ResellerRatings and PriceGrabber reviews and buy from a shady outfit like Futureshop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only reason I bought from futureshop was because a friend worked there, and I managed to get the TV for $1000 off after taxes. They've already replaced the unit once.. I really have no problems with FS (customer service). I feel like slapping that sales guy though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.