AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with a Samsung engineer for the second time today and was told they cannot fix the IR signal problem at this time. The issues Samsung supposedly resolved after problems with the 2008 LCD TVs. I have my theater set up in a 18x20 living room. Everytime the TV is turned on it turns off the Adcom GTP-500. Anyone who is looking at this TV beware. I plan to return this TV to Best Buy.

Samsung LN46B640

Adcom GTP-500

Adcom GFA-555

B&W DM603 S3

I now have to go and settle for a TV that I did not go with in the first place because of the fit and finish of this Samsung unit. Do not make the same mistake I did. Samsung has not fixed the IR signal issues. Has anyone one else made a switch from this unit?

·
Registered
5,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingtl /forum/post/16978864

The issue is not remote related. Turning on the TV using the remote and the button on the tv cause the problem.

I didn't say the prob was with the remote. I mean u maybe able to go around the problem.

This is obviously a geek level beyond what ur asking for.

While the same signal seem to affect both devices, but there maybe enough variation in the signals and one maybe able to tweak it. What the heck am talking about? A simple example: Lets say both devices listen to the exact same IR signal, but one device requires that the signal stay on for 20 ms, while the second device 10 ms is enuff. If yer lucky the adcom is the one requiring 20 ms, so u go into your remote and manually (again if u have such fancy remote) tell it to shorten the send signal to 10 ms, and BAM! Got it. Some IR devices just needs a single ON, while some other devices expect a ON-PAUSE-ON.

Sorry, major geekdom here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Folks..i just bought a LN46B640 a couple of weeks ago..it worked great till this morning. It doesn't power on anymore. I re-inserted the power cable, changed outlets..still no luck...called samsung and they are dispatching a tech. Has anyone had similar power issues with this model ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts