AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, im a newb here, about to purchase a 32" Samsung LCD. I'm not sure whether to get the 3251D or the 3292D. Can anyone tell me the differences between the 2 models besides the contrast ratio being 4000:1 compared to 5000:1.

also, what does "SD" mean?? i hear alot of peeps in the forums talking about "SD".

Your knowledge will gladly be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedajewel /forum/post/0

ok, im a newb here, about to purchase a 32" Samsung LCD. I'm not sure whether to get the 3251D or the 3292D. Can anyone tell me the differences between the 2 models besides the contrast ratio being 4000:1 compared to 5000:1.

also, what does "SD" mean?? i hear alot of peeps in the forums talking about "SD".

Your knowledge will gladly be appreciated, thanks.

I was in the same debate between the 52 and the 92. I went 92 because it was newer and I liked the design better. As far as the ccfl backlighting I am not sure if I would have noticed the difference. Also I bought mine from a place where the price was not that different so I figured I'd go for the better model.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Specs on this say it has a built-in digital ATSC tuner, which pulls HD signals right from the airwaves. So I'm taking that as saying if you hook up an indoor antenna via one of the two available RF inputs this set will get O-T-A HD channels but doesn't have a QAM tuner?

·
Registered
51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakedajewel /forum/post/0

does the ccfl backlighting not included on the 3251D unit?? can any1 kindly expain what ccfl is?? thanks for the help.

Cold Cathode Florescent Lighting I believe. It isn't advertised by samsung on the 3251 so I assumed it wasn't. Supposedly this allows for a broader color range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.