AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I didn't even realize there was a 32". They have a 29" and a 32" How weird.

Mark

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Ok, so now many of us are confused. Samsung, help!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi!

yes..samsung has a 40" LCD TV. I was surprised to know that it's already possible to make 40" LCD screens!!!

Whats your opinion, guys? Will LCD became the best option and will it esceed Plasma? After all, as fair i know, LCD hasn't got burn in problems!

Regards,

J. Rosado

·
Registered
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jrosado
Hi!

yes..samsung has a 40" LCD TV. I was surprised to know that it's already possible to make 40" LCD screens!!!
It can go as high as 54" with current technology.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think the 40" has been shipping since October of last year. That makes it almost "old" in this technology frame. I think Samsung is revamping the whole lineup though I can't find a reference to all their new sizes right now. I think the 29" (which we have a very much like) is already on the old model list and its quite likely it gets replaced with the 32" unit to better compare with competitor 30" units.

I believe 60" is the largest announce size target of any of the manufacturers right now.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Right, Samsung demoed a 54" inch unit and Sharp has "teased" by suggesting a 60" unit will be out next year.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Then can we say that plasma screen are going to have a good competition ??

regards,

J. Rosado

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
J. Rosado: When the pricing per inch is comparable, there is good competition. If the 52 and 54" LCDs are $20,000 and the plasmas are $5000-7500, there is no competition.

·
Registered
376 Posts
rogo:

i wasn't referring to today or tomorrow..maybe in a couple of mounts the price drop more. Just see what has happen to the prices on TFT screens for computer desktop use...their price has fallen like a rock thrown into water :)

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I know Jrosado. But those 50+" LCDs are not out yet and have pre-announced prices of $20,000 or more for when they are actually out.

I don't see them become $10,000 panels until late 2004 or 2005 unless something odd happens.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I recently purchased Samsung's latest lcd computer monitor the 172T. It has by far the best color rendition and deepst blacks that I have ever seen on a lcd, and I looked at more than 50 different ones. After using it for a few days, I knew that Samsung would be the force to reckon in the lcd market. I have noticed some motion blurr on fast paced first person games, but none on video or DVD. These new large lcd TV's show a better reponse time and contrast ratio than the 172T. When the 40" or larger get to around $4K, I could deffiantly see myself buying one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
conceptvbs, rogo

Samsung has just realeased (in domestic market) their new line up of LCD tv's and the 32" is among them.

reason I posted 32" is because the size is right and so the price( I know they are expensive but, compare to 30"s and samsung will not carry 30") and this will be sold at around $3500 or less at 3Q.

Samsung's 29", 32" and 40" they are all look a like aren't they?

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
0crash, thanks for the info. I wonder why they've done that, but it appears they have.

Mark

·
Registered
407 Posts
Last sales person I talked to at a high-end retail video store in WI considered the LTM 295W "discontinued" a couple of weeks ago. That store doesn't now, but will be carrying the new models in 2nd/3rd quarter.

Maybe they plan on selling their 32" for the price of other 30" and winning on looks and size ?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
jrosado,

the best plasmas have triple the contrast of the best LCD´s, so they aren´t quite competing picture quality wise yet either.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.