AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking for a new TV to replace my 8 year old Sony 51" RPTV with something

larger...much larger! Been looking at the 63" Samsung Plasma, but the picture just doesn't give me the same tingly feeling I get when I see a really good LCD (ie Sony XBR8, Samsung 750).

Planning to look at the Sony 65" W5100 and the Samsung LN65B650.

I know the Sony has been released and starting to arrive at SonyStyle locations...but haven't seen any news on the Samsung in weeks.

I'm hoping this thread will generate some discussion with some new details about the Samsung LN65B650.

Specifically...

>Has anyone actually seen this TV in action?

>Any thoughts on how it compares with the new Sony 65" W5100?

>Does the Sammy use the same screen as the Sony?

>Any ideas when the Sammy will be widely available?

>Any news at all???

Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
I to am interested in the 65" Samsung, but I will be checking out the soon to be released Panasonic S1 and V10 series 65" plasma's as well.

While I prefure LCD over plasma the new'est Panasonic plasma's did look pretty nice (I already saw the smaller S1 and V10),, the 65" S1 is guna be selling for under $3,000.00,,, that does make it tempting,,, but like I said, I prefure LCD over plasma.

The soon to be released Sharp 65" might be one to look at as well.

But something tells me the Samsung 65 incher is going to be the best of the bunch and Im waiting for news on it as well.

CHeers

Davyo

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Davyo,

Thanks for the feedback. I will add the Panasonic plasmas to my watch list.

I did get to see one of the smaller V10's at the local BB Magnolia. It looked really dark next to the Samsung Plasmas on either side of it. They couldn't find the remote...so I have no idea how it was set-up.

I'm really hoping the Samsung 65" LCD is released soon.

Would love to have a new set in time for College Football season!

Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
4,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlurking /forum/post/16964811

Davyo,

Thanks for the feedback. I will add the Panasonic plasmas to my watch list.

I did get to see one of the smaller V10's at the local BB Magnolia. It looked really dark next to the Samsung Plasmas on either side of it. They couldn't find the remote...so I have no idea how it was set-up.

I'm really hoping the Samsung 65" LCD is released soon.

Would love to have a new set in time for College Football season!

Thanks, Pete

The 65" panny plasma's S1's and V10's are suppose to be hitting the stores around Aug 16th-18th,, at least thats what the stores have told me.

But with that being said, those panny plasma's are going to have to look pretty darn good to pull me away from the LED LCD's I been drooling over lately.

I have always considered myself a plasma and LCD person,,,, but recently I been looking at plasma's a bit less and LCD's a bit more.

Cheers

Davyo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.