68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drill down in the PRODUCTS section until you get to TV's:

SamsungUSA

About time!!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
The full line brochure is still the old models. The service manual is still for the old models and it appears their may be inaccuracies in the specifications. e.g. for the HLN617w it states it uses a 100 watt 8000 hour bulb. I thought it was a 120w 6000 hour bulb. The brochure states a 40 watt sound system (In other places it says 30 watts). I hope the do a better job manufacturing than producing ad material.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interestingly, the features list for the HLNxx7W models mention:

- White Balance and Color Optimizer

- Noise Reduction with 3D Motion Optimizer

which do not appear for the HLNxx65W models.

Maybe that's why they're $200 more.

And, oh yeah, that matte black paint on the bezel is pretty expensive, too.

Hmmmmmmm

Curiouser and curiouser.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by venm11
One dealer claims those aren't coming out till Q3/Q4.
http://www.1-877camcorder.com/hln467w.html
Well that could be as early as July with and actual arrival time of June. This isn't that different than what has already been stated. Of course it could be a sign that there is some hold up. I can only imagine it would be the firmware if it is changes in the actual product. It could also be a parts supply problems or some logistical/allocation issue. It isn't as if you could make any board level changes or physical alterations in this sort of time frame. (This is assuming that there really is a further delay in the arrival of the HLNX67 series.)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by yuntrips
Interestingly, the features list for the HLNxx7W models mention:

- White Balance and Color Optimizer

- Noise Reduction with 3D Motion Optimizer

which do not appear for the HLNxx65W models.

Maybe that's why they're $200 more.

And, oh yeah, that matte black paint on the bezel is pretty expensive, too.

Hmmmmmmm

Curiouser and curiouser.
Actually the brochure shows both of them having it. It is part of DNie chip.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Quote:
One dealer claims those aren't coming out till Q3/Q4.
877-Camcorder has been saying that for several weeks now. Neil Kusens from TVAuthority has said that the latest from Samsung is that the HLN467 and 567 will be available in limited quantities "Juneish". He also cautioned that Samsung's past record leads him to believe that it might be more like July...

Still, the some of the HLN models were actually showing up in stores EARLIER than predicted, so there is always hope!

Mike

·
Registered
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by VTBoy
Actually the brochure shows both of them having it. It is part of DNie chip.
So-o-o-o... 200 bucks worth of Krylon. Yowch! And a DCDi decal.

I like the idea of the dark outline, but given the mounting and now conclusive evidence that these models are in NO WAY different, other than by appearance, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay that much of a premium for it.

·
Registered
856 Posts
There actually is a difference. Besides the black Frame, the 507 has the Faroudja DCDi. The 5065 does not have the Faroudja DCDi, I believe it is a less expensive chip.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Resist
There actually is a difference. Besides the black Frame, the 507 has the Faroudja DCDi. The 5065 does not have the Faroudja DCDi, I believe it is a less expensive chip.
The 5065 has the Faroudja DCDi, they just don't have the label on the front. The models have more to do with marketing channels than technology.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
I thought the 5065 has a panasonic chip.
You are mixing HLM5065 and HLN5065 sets. All HLN and newer HLM sets have the same internal electronics that first came out in the HLM617.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Quote:
I thought the 5065 has a panasonic chip.
Nope!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anyone know if Samsung plans to add a component output that can cover all the resolutions 480i-1080i.

·
Registered
570 Posts
They have talked about it, but, IIRC, it will not happen this year... check ftlee's threads on the HLN series for the info on this issue.

Annoying, isn't it? I love how they talk it up as a "dedicated DVD component connection." Way to make a bug sound like a feature!

RDaneel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.