AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There aren't any threads dedicated to the Inland Empire area so I thought I'd create a thread to help all the folks out here. I'm in Rancho Cucamonga and just installed a CM 4228 antenna / 7775 preamp on a single story house with an eave mount / 5' mast. I initially had just the 4228 and could receive 2/4/7/11/28/50 with occasional signal dropouts on 7/11/28/50. Since adding the preamp I can receive 5/9/13 and various other independent channels with virtually no dropouts. My only problem is channel 7 now which I can get if the antenna is rotated a bit but I then get some dropouts on 5/9/11. Anyone have similar problems out here in the IE? I'm running 50' of RG6 coax straight to the television set w/o any splitters.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl05
There aren't any threads dedicated to the Inland Empire area so I thought I'd create a thread to help all the folks out here. I'm in Rancho Cucamonga and just installed a CM 4228 antenna / 7775 preamp on a single story house with an eave mount / 5' mast. I initially had just the 4228 and could receive 2/4/7/11/28/50 with occasional signal dropouts on 7/11/28/50. Since adding the preamp I can receive 5/9/13 and various other independent channels with virtually no dropouts. My only problem is channel 7 now which I can get if the antenna is rotated a bit but I then get some dropouts on 5/9/11. Anyone have similar problems out here in the IE? I'm running 50' of RG6 coax straight to the television set w/o any splitters.
I live way out oon the east end of Moreno Valley and am using the same antenna and preamp as you . I have a similar situation where I actualy receive better reception with the antenna turned 90 degrees away from the transmitters. In my case there is a pbs station in line with the LA stations that over drives my tuner card. If you want to read about it ist is well documented in the LA OTA section. Another thing is if you live in the northern part pf Rancho close to the foothills or above Basline then you do not have a clear shot at MT Willson. There is another mountain in between you and there. You might try putting in a 6 or 10 db attenuator or better yet get one of radio shacks adjustable attenuators and try tweeking the antenna again.

I am going to try a different preamp with slightly less output plus some attenuation to try and find the sweet spot between just enough signal without over driving my tuner card.

Good luck, Dave

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm in Rancho too and I am thinking about going the antenna route. Here's a bump to find out any new developments or recommendations?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.