AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I get a consistent 85-90 signal with my DTC-100, I get clicks instead of regular sound 50% of the time. CBS, Fox, and WB are all fine. What may the reason for this? I turned the over the air guides off but it did not make a difference. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tolgademir1
Although I get a consistent 85-90 signal with my DTC-100, I get clicks instead of regular sound 50% of the time. CBS, Fox, and WB are all fine. What may the reason for this? I turned the over the air guides off but it did not make a difference. Thanks for your help
A lot of folks have reported this 'popping' sound from the local ABC affilliate in SD, and I used to get than too until I errected a much larger antenna; you don't mention what you're using for an antenna?

Greg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a silver sensor, its view is uninterrupted for 2-3 miles, because my house is on the side of a mountain facing south. CBS and fox come in at 85, and they are perfect with no problems. Wb comes in at 45-50 and I have no interruption with it either. It is really strange that I get 85 with ABC and picture is perfect but sound pops.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I too get the "popping" sounds on ABC. I'm using a Silver Sensor connected to a Proscan DTC-100 clone. I am getting a signal strength of 75-82. My location is in UTC (92122) just east of I-5. Every other station comes in just fine, although NBC is rather weak at 35-45. Any ideas on how I can improve this NBC signal? An indoor antenna is my only option. I do have a Rat Shack double bowtie and when coupled with the Silver Sensor it improves the "stability" of the signal but doen't make it any stronger. Anyway I really hope that the local ABC station can fix this problem. I enjoy NYPD Blue but just can't watch it in HD with the popping!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.