AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
The last update that I saw was in October at this site: http://www.ptvdigital.org/going_live_kpbs.htm , where they were predicting a go-live date of mid-November. I don't know when during the month the updates are posted, but hopefully we'll find out soon.

I find it frustrating that there's no real mention of HDTV on the KPBS web site. There's no schedule for their digital implementation and doing a search yields articles from two years ago.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by marcello696
Just point your anntena's north and get the HD feed from PBS in LA (KCET). Thats what I did and now I'm not sure if I even care to get KPBS whenever they finally start broadcasting :)
It was a tossup a few months ago whether I would spend the time/effort doing this. Unfortunately, with the hilly terrain, not all of us in SD are physically positioned to get a usable signal from KCET without resorting to some serious UHF equipment. I think KPBS might be having some financial probs; they stopped any real evening broadcasting on their radio channel (now plays only classical music) and I'm sure that getting digital ain't cheap. If they don't make this mid-november schedule then I will get the equipment to receive KCET.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone have any news about KPBS-DT in San Diego?

(my gut feeling says they won't get a DT service up until early 2002).

Greg
I've heard that the ancients could divine the future by the examination of entrails but, for reasons of my own, I sure hope your gut's got it wrong this time.

The latest entry on the www.ptvdigital.org site that TomF referenced is pretty much up to date. Look for a press release soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.