AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the SF Bay Area, we have two local stations who are apparently experimenting with pushing different types of formats on their digital transmitters.

Fox on ch. 2.1 and KRON on 4.1 I am receiving these on my OTA.

Each is using a different formats and both are irritating. I guess the irritation is that I cannot seem to control how I wish to watch a broadcast, on these digital stations.

KRON image is full-screen & stretched which terribly distorts just about everything.

Fox started broadcasting a full screen, zoomed image. Everything is in normal perspective (not stretched) however graphics and heads are cutoff.

There doesen't seem to be any middle ground here. I would prefer to be in control of how I view the picture, however my Hughes HDTV sat box (with my OTA's coming into it) will not allow me to change a 1080i signal, which is how everything comes out of it. Not that it is 1080i quality, but I assume by using the "component" outputs, it thinks everything is 1080i and does not allow me to change viewing formats. I can change sat formats but not OTA formats.

I have my ota's and my Sat coming into the Hughes HDTV Sat box and I am not using the HDTV tuner on board my Mit tv. The only option I can think of is to put the OTA's into the TV, but then I am at the mercy of the formating options of the Mit, plus other issues.

When I first set it up, I had the OTA's coming into the TV directly. Only issue was the OTA was on one input and the Sat was on a different input. Changing inputs was problematic, when you wanted to switch from an OTA channel to a Sat channel. With both coming into the Hughes HDTV Sat box, I can setup channel lists which allow combining channels from any source, in the same guide.

Has anyone else wrestled with this and is doing something different with their setup? Comments greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.