AVS Forum banner

15941 - 15960 of 15996 Posts

·
Audio/Video Enthusiast
464 Posts
I've been with DirecTV for the better part of the year so I've been out of the Xfinity scene. What, exactly, does Xfinity have for 4K content currently? Any plans to expand 4k offerings in 2018?
Nothing except for Olympics on Demand, and yes :)

·
Premium Member
35,565 Posts
Many prices are going up again, including the Broadcast TV Fee which will be $8.
No notice about that in my April bill so maybe next month. Still at $7.00 here. I can remember when Limited Basic was $15-$18 in total, for all the local channels we get now.

What other prices are going up?

·
Registered
409 Posts
No notice about that in my April bill so maybe next month. Still at $7.00 here. I can remember when Limited Basic was $15-$18 in total, for all the local channels we get now.

What other prices are going up?
Performance internet is reported to go up $10. Wonder if it includes Performance Plus, which is what I (sadly) pay for.

In my beach town Broadcast TV Fee is $6, Regional sports is $5.

And I remember when Limited Basic cost $11 and you did not need a cable box, so get them hoodlums offa my lawn.

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Hmm, glad I'm on a two year contract.

Been getting ads from AT&T promising up to 100 Mbps. That would be a step down from my current Comcast speed and when I last checked 2-3 years ago, there was no AT&T Giga offered for my house nor a nearby U-Verse node. So I wonder if I'd get anywhere near that speed.

Then who knows what their data caps are.

Hope there are more options when my contract runs out in another 12-18 months. Supposedly AT&T and Verizon are both going to offer residential 5G but that may still be at least a couple of years out.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I've been getting a lot of audio dropouts across the board recently. On tonight's NBA Finals game they are really getting annoying. Anyone else in the Bay Area having these problems?

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I've been getting a lot of audio dropouts across the board recently. On tonight's NBA Finals game they are really getting annoying. Anyone else in the Bay Area having these problems?
Yes, but for me, "recently" doesn't apply. I've been getting video as well as audio dropouts for years here in the East Bay. For a time, Comcast was addressing this on their forums, thinking it was unusual. Those threads seem to have died out as people realized it would never get fixed.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I live in SJ. I was watching the NBA finals on Comcast 1007 (KGO) last night on a Tivo Roamio Pro. No dropouts of any kind.

·
Premium Member
35,565 Posts
I watched the 2nd half and had a single dropout but it didn't feel like the average audio dropout, hard to describe but I did not get the sense it was an audio dropout issue of the type we're talking here. Other than that, it was perfect. I watch so little ABC nowadays but I do recall a few years ago that KGO had all sorts of audio issues including dropouts.

Santa Rosa - TiVo Roamio Pro

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Altho cut cord a year ago - still get msgs. fm. this group. Just want to say watching game via KGO via Google's YTube Live streaming service was perfect. Am in Okld. and can't recall quality of KGO on Comcast.

·
Premium Member
35,565 Posts
Speaking of cord-cutting, I was forced to watch the Dodger game on Fox yesterday instead of my usual way of MLB.tv app on an Apple TV 4K and I can't believe how awful it looked. The infield grass looked like it was swarming with bugs and it was just generally unsharp, out of focus and crappy looking. MLB.tv game streams via the ATV absolutely smoke the garbage available from Fox.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It's interesting that this forum is down to less than 1 post a month - instead of many per day. In my case it's because we cut the cord 9 months ago.
Good to see some OGs still around.

All the talk about X-whatever left me in the dust. Don't have one, never touch them so it's a non-topic for me. I touch Spectrum Worldboxes all the time but do not live in the system. So it's Tivo with lifetime sub is what keeps me subscribing. Once C* kicks out the cable card subs I'll look for alternates.

Streaming is OK, but I am hooked on DVRs. Must have FFWD.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Good to see some OGs still around.

All the talk about X-whatever left me in the dust. Don't have one, never touch them so it's a non-topic for me. I touch Spectrum Worldboxes all the time but do not live in the system. So it's Tivo with lifetime sub is what keeps me subscribing. Once C* kicks out the cable card subs I'll look for alternates.

Streaming is OK, but I am hooked on DVRs. Must have FFWD.
I think most Streaming services have FFWD. Ours does. (YouTube Live). Unlimited storage for nine months.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You still need Internet service by cutting the cord. Comcast is essentially the only ISP for my location, and including tax and fees, I'm paying about $65 for Internet and Limited Basic.

Comcast's citywide outage in Mountain View made the news. No TV/Internet for about 24 hours.

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
You still need Internet service by cutting the cord. Comcast is essentially the only ISP for my location, and including tax and fees, I'm paying about $65 for Internet and Limited Basic.

Yup, it's hard to get away from them.

Supposedly Verizon and AT&T will offer 5G to the home service but who knows how quickly they will roll that out and how competitive it will be in terms of price and cap.

15941 - 15960 of 15996 Posts