AVS Forum banner

15961 - 15980 of 15996 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll answer my own question to say that it showed up on our unit today.
It showed up for me a week or so ago, but I had to upgrade the x1 box first. Replacement came yesterday and everything is working fine and prime was able to be activated. They did send the XR15 remote with the replacement box. Have it programmed up, but it will not power on or off my Yamaha audio receiver. Has anyone been able to have a Comcast remote work completely with their Yamaha audio system? Very frustrating that this cannot be accomplished in this day and age of high tech.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You still need Internet service by cutting the cord. Comcast is essentially the only ISP for my location, and including tax and fees, I'm paying about $65 for Internet and Limited Basic.

Comcast's citywide outage in Mountain View made the news. No TV/Internet for about 24 hours.
I'm North of downtown and didn't notice anything, but, my Mom is over by MV High School, and she lost everything for a day or so, but, still ESPN and the other sports channels still don't come in — mostly pixelated or just 'no signal' error message (was trying to watch the Stanford Volleyball NCAA Championship). I'll need to call them up again and see what I can find out. Rebooted the TiVo bolt multiple times, and still nothing. I'll need to call next week, though will probably wait until after Christmas, she really only watches Warriors games so...

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Anyone recall when was the last time that we got any new HD channels? Comcast is lagging behind other providers in this arena.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
So there have been reports that Xfinity is going to zap Starz HD from its channel lineup because the shining lights there feel that Epix is an adequate replacement. Some municipalities in the eastern part of the country have received letters from Crapcast to this effect withe the cutoff scheduled for this month. I called Customer Service and spoke to someone possibly in Mumbai who denied that we were losing Starz. We'll see. I also asked her why the company web site is showing 1GB internet speed is now standard with the triple or quadruple bundles yet we have received no notice of this. Apparently we can get it but may need an upgraded modem first. I'm going to call tech support to discuss this.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Based on the price list in my latest bill, 1GB is part of some triple/quad packages, but not all.
Although I got a negotiated discount price, I have Digital Premier260+ Channels with 500Mbps speed which has exactly the same specs as the Premier Pro+ Triple Play Includes Preferred+ package but it has 1Gb speed. I would have to pay $21 more/month for 1GB speed. No thanks. I get close to 600Mbps speed on my PC's wired network connection and anywhere from 350 (near router to 250Mbps (furthest point from router) on the 5Ghz WiFi band so it's not worth it to me. I'm thinking of paring down my service anyway, dumping the premium channels when my price deal lapses and getting some of those as individual steaming accounts. Comcast is getting more outrageous in its pricing every year and for what it charges, it's HD signal is sub-par due to compression and overloading frequencies with too many channels . I watched the Superbowl on Amazon Prime in 4k/HDR and it was outstanding. Comcast's 4K offerings are still very limited and I suspect will be well into the future.

·
Premium Member
35,565 Posts
Broadcast TV fee is going up again!

2/2020: $13.90
4/2019: $9.50
5/2018: $8
7/2017: $7
before 7/2017: $5
Mine is currently $9.50 on my bill that's due Feb 7th. Aren't they supposed to notify you when they plan to make those increases or is that something they just don't bother with anymore?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
So there have been reports that Xfinity is going to zap Starz HD from its channel lineup because the shining lights there feel that Epix is an adequate replacement. Some municipalities in the eastern part of the country have received letters from Crapcast to this effect withe the cutoff scheduled for this month. I called Customer Service and spoke to someone possibly in Mumbai who denied that we were losing Starz. We'll see. I also asked her why the company web site is showing 1GB internet speed is now standard with the triple or quadruple bundles yet we have received no notice of this. Apparently we can get it but may need an upgraded modem first. I'm going to call tech support to discuss this.
They dropped Cinemax last year so looks like I’ll also be dropping stuff too.

15961 - 15980 of 15996 Posts