·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Antenna operations for Friday, 9/18/2020
7:00 am to 5:00 pm

1. KRON 7 Aux Ant
  2. KGO 12 Aux Ant
  3. KBCW 28 Aux Ant

Please contact me by email if you have any questions.

Stay Healthy.

Raul A. Velez
VP & COO
Sutro Tower Inc.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Work continues on the tower that will require some stations to use their Aux Antenna.

Antenna operations for Monday, 9/21/2020

1. KPJK 27 Aux Ant
  2. KPIX 29 Aux Ant
  3. KTVU 31 Aux Ant
  4. KSOL Aux Ant

Stay Healthy.

Raul A. Velez
VP & COO
Sutro Tower Inc.
[email protected]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Antenna operations for Friday, 9/18/2020

1. KRON 7 Aux Ant
  2. KGO 12 Aux Ant
  3. KBCW 28 Aux Ant

Stay Healthy.

Raul A. Velez
VP & COO
Sutro Tower Inc.
[email protected]
It looks like KBCW didn't make it back to their main antenna. I show a significant drop at 7am on Friday but haven't seen it recover like the others.... propagation notwithstanding.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi, been awhile.. The only station I was getting at my cabin in Nicasio was KRCB Cotati out of Sonoma Mtn. (I think). Appears to be gone. Mt Tamalpais blocks me from Sutro. Anyone know what happened to KRCB or anything else new from the north bay I might pull in?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
KRCB has moved to Sutro tower on full power VHF 5.
Low vhf 5 is near the FM radio band.

Find the FM radio stations that transmit from sutro tower and see if you get them. (In your car, etc)
If you do, then purchase or build a VHF full band antenna for VHF tv reception.
UHF tv at your location is not possible. With that said, OTA is severely limited at your location to just 1 to 3 stations. If that.

If the FM radio reception is unsatisfactory. Then most likely the VHF tv reception will be unsatisfactory.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks guys. Here is the Rabbit Ears report. It says Sutro is possible but I have tried every which way over the years with no luck. No FM radio either, I get a couple of Santa Rosa stations.

I have a large Wineguard antenna, I forget the number, the one that was popular 5-6 years ago.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oops, here is the report

Double oops, I guess the report is in the above post. And I just found the edit button.. But no delete button.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Thanks guys. Here is the Rabbit Ears report. It says Sutro is possible but I have tried every which way over the years with no luck. No FM radio either, I get a couple of Santa Rosa stations.

I have a large Wineguard antenna, I forget the number, the one that was popular 5-6 years ago.
Poor is more like not impossible but probably so rather than possible. You only stand a chance on KURK-LD and it is on channel 3. You are going to need a low
VHF antenna to receive it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Poor is more like not impossible but probably so rather than possible. You only stand a chance on KURK-LD and it is on channel 3. You are going to need a low
VHF antenna to receive it.
Thanks Bobby. So they are atop Mt. Tam? There is another ridge south of Woodacre between me and the summit, but I'd like to give it a try. Can I cobble up a test low VHF antenna or do I need to get one? My Windeguard is a 7694P, no low VHF I think.

Nothing left out of the Mt. Sonoma sight?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi all, does anyone have a contact at KCNZ? Quest TV on 28.3 fell off the air early yesterday afternoon. It looks like 20.8 may have gone live around the same time, so I'm not sure if this was a casualty of the reconfiguration or 28.3 is really going away.

Details... Quest TV is still listed in the TVCT as program 11, Program 11 is in the PAT with PMT pid 0xd0, and the PMT is there on pid 0xd0 with video pid 0xd1 and audio pid 0xd4. However there are presently no packets on pids 0xd1 and 0xd4.

(The details can be seen on https://sfbayatsc.koherence.com. I just pulled the raw MPTS recordings to manually verify the tables and that the audio and video streams are just not there.)

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Hi all, does anyone have a contact at KCNZ?
Low power stations rarely have an office with someone you can contact. I've had some success in the past e-mailing a contact person shown on a recent FCC submission. There are several contact names here including a Technical Contact:

Try one or more and maybe you'll get a response.

Chuck

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Thanks Bobby. So they are atop Mt. Tam? There is another ridge south of Woodacre between me and the summit, but I'd like to give it a try. Can I cobble up a test low VHF antenna or do I need to get one? My Windeguard is a 7694P, no low VHF I think.

Nothing left out of the Mt. Sonoma sight?
The only thing left on Mt Sonoma is KFMY-LD on channel 6. It belongs to 1 Ministries. I don't know if it is strong enough to reach you.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looking further at your RabbitEars chart, no it isn't going to work.
Yeah, I would have picked it up on my last scan. I am going to try a dipole antenna to get KURK, which, if my calculations are right takes a 7.5 foot one. Do I run coax outside, to a balun or resistor, then a flat loop or just a wire running each way perpendicular to the transmitter?

Thanks again Bobby

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, I would have picked it up on my last scan. I am going to try a dipole antenna to get KURK, which, if my calculations are right takes a 7.5 foot one. Do I run coax outside, to a balun or resistor, then a flat loop or just a wire running each way perpendicular to the transmitter?

Thanks again Bobby
Btw, KURK is currently off-air for unknown reasons (according to earlier post on this forum)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Work continues on the tower that will require some stations to use their Aux Antenna. This work will continue most likely through the first week of October. (Weather/Air Quality could impact this schedule).

Antenna operations for Thursday, 9/24/2020

1. KRCB 5 Aux Ant
  2. KRON 7 Aux Ant
  3. KGO 12 Aux Ant
  4. KPJK 27 Aux Ant
  5. KBCW 28 Aux Ant
  6. KPIX 29 Aux Ant
  7. KQED 30 Aux Ant
  8. KTVU 31 Aux Ant
  9. KCNS 32 Aux Ant
  10. KFSF 34 Aux Ant
  11. KNBR 104.5 Aux Ant
  12. KOIT 96.5 Aux ant

Stay Healthy.

Raul A. Velez
VP & COO
Sutro Tower Inc.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
The latest emails from Sutro Tower all have the same list of stations using the Auxiliary antennas. (Shown above.) I'm not going to send out any further new lists, since the latest list includes all of the stations, but I will let you know when the work on the tower is finished. It's supposed to continue through the first week of October.

Larry

18921 - 18940 of 19009 Posts