AVS Forum banner

19181 - 19200 of 19218 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's new. Hopefully, they are taking this opportunity to install a new loop? I mean, the Grateful Dead is not really the Blues ...
Hi,
I let EC know to restart the Blues network. She’s been having trouble. We’ll get it back going. I’ll watch it closer.

Is anyone picking up RF 22 in the North Bay KZHD-LD rebroadcasting RF 14 from Sutro?

Blessings,
Keith

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Thanks to the folks who got the Blues Channel back up and running. Now, if the picture and sound were synced up, life would be good. The video is about one second (+/-) ahead of the audio. Lips move .... nothing .... then the voice. Very disconcerting.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks to the folks who got the Blues Channel back up and running. Now, if the picture and sound were synced up, life would be good. The video is about one second (+/-) ahead of the audio. Lips move .... nothing .... then the voice. Very disconcerting.
Why isn't there a manual/checklist for broadcasters on how to broadcast SD without making viewers lose their minds? E.g. Newsnet on 24.7(and a few others) doesn't know how to set the aspect ratio.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Why isn't there a manual/checklist for broadcasters on how to broadcast SD without making viewers lose their minds? E.g. Newsnet on 24.7(and a few others) doesn't know how to set the aspect ratio.
The list would be so long, they would never get to the end of it. I used to contact stations about their aspect ratio issues, the canned response was that it was my equipment, when it was always incorrect information in their broadcast signal. I even got a couple of stations back on the correct aspect ratio, just to see them revert back to the wrong aspect ratio with the next version of whatever they subsequently installed.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Is KRON signal from Sutro being weak a temporary thing?
It's broadcast on channel 7, so if you are not running an antenna with good VHF reception characteristics, it may seem to be a weak channel, but it's actually the antenna choice.

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's broadcast on channel 7, so if you are not running an antenna with good VHF reception characteristics, it may seem to be a weak channel, but it's actually the antenna choice.
You might be onto something ...

• VHF (Very High Frequency): Provides channels 7-13 in the frequency range 174-216 MHz.
  • UHF (Ultra High Frequency): Provides channels 14-36 in the frequency range 470-608 MHz.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
You might be onto something ...

• VHF (Very High Frequency): Provides channels 7-13 in the frequency range 174-216 MHz.
  • UHF (Ultra High Frequency): Provides channels 14-36 in the frequency range 470-608 MHz.
Channel 7 wavelength should be about 66.8 inches. Even dropping it down to 1/4 wavelength, the required element length is 16.7 inches, which exceeds the overall size of your antenna. Better to use half or even full wavelength, if you can accommodate it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Channel 7 wavelength should be about 66.8 inches. Even dropping it down to 1/4 wavelength, the required element length is 16.7 inches, which exceeds the overall size of your antenna. Better to use half or even full wavelength, if you can accommodate it.
It was a few degrees misalignment on the direction of the antenna. Apologies for the noise.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just scanned around to see what's happening with the OTA channels I can get and found the following changes on VC24:

Jewelry TV has moved to 24.2. Its former position on 24.8 is now Chang TV.

There's a new channel, Fun Roads (Fun Roads – your adventure starts here) on 24.4. The PSIP calls it "FunRds". From their website: "Fun Roads is that intrepid road trip that feeds curiosity & stimulates discovery. A journey where getting lost is just as much fun as getting there." Judging by the schedule, it emphasizes travel and outdoors shows but also has cooking shows and others.

There's a new channel, bspoke (bspoketv – beauty|fashion|lifestyle) on 24.10. Its programming is "beauty, fashion, lifestyle."

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I just scanned around to see what's happening with the OTA channels I can get and found the following changes on VC24:

Jewelry TV has moved to 24.2. Its former position on 24.8 is now Chang TV.

There's a new channel, Fun Roads (Fun Roads – your adventure starts here) on 24.4. The PSIP calls it "FunRds". From their website: "Fun Roads is that intrepid road trip that feeds curiosity & stimulates discovery. A journey where getting lost is just as much fun as getting there." Judging by the schedule, it emphasizes travel and outdoors shows but also has cooking shows and others.

There's a new channel, bspoke (bspoketv – beauty|fashion|lifestyle) on 24.10. Its programming is "beauty, fashion, lifestyle."
I can only receive the channel 24 channnels that originate from Sutro Tower on RF15. Would you list all of the channel 24 channels so that I can update my station lists? Also, if you can receive channel 16, KSCZ, transmitting on channel 23, I would also appreciate that long list, too, as I can't receive that station either here in San Francisco. Thank you, Wintertime!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am seeing NewsNet on 24-7 RF14 with the correct aspect ratio while the same channel on RF24 KAAP TV is squeezed.

I also think I am seeing an improved quality on 60-2 KPJK France 24. Are we making progress?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can only receive the channel 24 channnels that originate from Sutro Tower on RF14. Would you list all of the channel 24 channels so that I can update my station lists? Also, if you can receive channel 16, KSCZ, transmitting on channel 23, I would also appreciate that long list, too, as I can't receive that station either here in San Francisco. Thank you, Wintertime!
Hi Larry,

Did you see that KMTP inked a new channel share agreement with channel 38? Their agreement is for an SD channel. I expect that they will soon be added back to Dish TV in the Bay Area, too.

Blessings,
Keith

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
KEMO-TV and KCNS will be changing things up next week. Estrella is moving to 50.1, while Azteca America will move to 50.2. 38.4 will be switching to Timeless TV, which is a glorified infomercial channel that mixes in public domain shows like Bonanza, Beverly Hillbillies and Betty White's Date With the Angels wrapped around a long form ad that's the presenting sponsor.

At quick glance I couldn't see if any other bay area station will be picking up BeIN Sports Xtra.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I can only receive the channel 24 channnels that originate from Sutro Tower on RF15. Would you list all of the channel 24 channels so that I can update my station lists?
Here's what I see on channel 24. The numbers below are the virtual numbers; I don't see a way on my TV to display the RF numbers. FWIW, although all these channels are displaying PSIP info with the listed channel names, several of them (24.1, .3, .5, .6, .9, and .10) currently have no video.

24.1Diya-TV
24.2Jewelry TV
24.3Antenna TV
24.4Fun Roads
24.5VietBay
24.6MBC
24.7NewsNet
24.8Chang TV
24.9Country Network
24.10bspoke

Also, if you can receive channel 16, KSCZ, transmitting on channel 23, I would also appreciate that long list, too, as I can't receive that station either here in San Francisco.
Your list is up to date except for the following (gathered from PSIPs):
16.7 now AWM, not VietTop
16.13 PSIP says “SoonNew” and onscreen slide says, “KSCZ Channel 16.13 New Content Coming Soon!)
16.14 now VVegas, not IBC
No 16.15.
16.16 now VMTV, not RB-NetV
16.17 now Chida TV, not Faith

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Here's what I see on channel 24. The numbers below are the virtual numbers; I don't see a way on my TV to display the RF numbers. FWIW, although all these channels are displaying PSIP info with the listed channel names, several of them (24.1, .3, .5, .6, .9, and .10) currently have no video.

24.1Diya-TV
24.2Jewelry TV
24.3Antenna TV
24.4Fun Roads
24.5VietBay
24.6MBC
24.7NewsNet
24.8Chang TV
24.9Country Network
24.10bspoke

Your list is up to date except for the following (gathered from PSIPs):
16.7 now AWM, not VietTop
16.13 PSIP says “SoonNew” and onscreen slide says, “KSCZ Channel 16.13 New Content Coming Soon!)
16.14 now VVegas, not IBC
No 16.15.
16.16 now VMTV, not RB-NetV
16.17 now Chida TV, not Faith
Thank you for your input! I'll update my lists with the current info. Some of these stations change quite frequently and it's difficult to keep up with them.

Larry

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Are both of the NTD signals still broadcasting on KCNS?

19181 - 19200 of 19218 Posts