AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes. I have little knowledge/experience to offer, but would love to learn more about HT and check out other people's systems. Actually I'd be surprised if there isn't a group already in the area. This is the first time I started looking for a group, so timing of your post is quite amazing. I'm in S SJ.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcms6 /forum/post/20771839

Yes. I have little knowledge/experience to offer, but would love to learn more about HT and check out other people's systems. Actually I'd be surprised if there isn't a group already in the area. This is the first time I started looking for a group, so timing of your post is quite amazing. I'm in S SJ.

sounds great. i think sharing ideas and knowledge is part of the fun of this hobby. i dont have a dedicated home theater room, but one of my living rooms is as close as i can make it for now. if you happen to come across another thread with info to a bay area meet, please pass it along to me. other wise hopefully we can get a couple more people here on board.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Bumpity bump!!

Come on guys there has to be some interest in getting this off the ground.

I am in the willow glen area of san jose and would love to host a small get together any time. Hell wives and kids would even be welcome.

I dont have the most high end set up, but it is pleasing to all who have heard and seen it.

mits 65in dlp

denon 1611

polk monitor 70s, 60s cs2 and 2x psw505.

ps3

xbox

pioneer 101 disc juke-box cd player

I would love to compare my modest gear with some higher end stuff, and would really love to hear and see equipment at the next level in action in order to help me decide where I go next.

So lets get this thing going already!!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleair
I'd be game for a get together. When and where were you all thinking of?
Brian you trader...leaving us

Hello everyone in the bay area..I am one of the founding members of the Los Angeles Home Theater Group.

Brian was part of our group out here in LA till he moved to the Bay Area....and I have to tell you that Brian would be a good resource for information. Good luck with the group.

we miss you Brian.

Later

RayJr

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Sunday 09/18/11 12pm my place. PM me for the address and my cell phone number. I am in the Willow Glen area of San Jose.

Select adult beverages will be on hand, if you want something special bring it with you. Might do lunch as well, still gotta check with the wife on that one though. Stay until whenever.

I can have around 5-8 people over semi-comfortably, if more show then that is fine, we will just have to take turns being in the optimum seating/listening positions. Bring tunes and movies you may to check out on my set up. I am equipped to play dvd, bluray, cd, mp3/flac, and vinyl.

I have a fair amount of blu's including some reference discs so no worries if you don't wanna bring any with you.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I'll be there thanks for the meet in San Jose. Please email your address and phone #.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Thanks 67jason for having the HT met at your house. I like your set up with all Polk speakers and subwoofer's. Next met at my house.

·
Registered
184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil /forum/post/20971036

Thanks 67jason for having the HT met at your house. I like your set up with all Polk speakers and subwoofer's. Next met at my house.

+1. I especially enjoyed your 10Hz subs...

I bought the BD-R's for you guys and should have them ready by this weekend. You wouldn't believe how long it takes to erase and burn 50GB. I'll let you know when would be some good times to pick them up. I might make you listen to my setup for a few minutes, if you don't mind. Honest feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
bcms6,

I would like to see those GoldenEar speakers and listen to them also with your Anthem MRX300.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcms6 /forum/post/20971637

+1. I especially enjoyed your 10Hz subs...

I bought the BD-R's for you guys and should have them ready by this weekend. You wouldn't believe how long it takes to erase and burn 50GB. I'll let you know when would be some good times to pick them up. I might make you listen to my setup for a few minutes, if you don't mind. Honest feedback appreciated.

I am still amazed that my 505s had a measurable response at 10hz! Thats freakin awesome!

I enjoyed showing off my gear for you guys...sorry that you both were susceptible to the RBE of the mits. I am very pleased my lowly polks impressed you guys. I cant wait to check out the goldenears

Let me know when and where we meet up next.

1 - 20 of 318 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.