AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a winegard flatwave amped and was able to received minimum 9(+/-) channels with the amp plug in to a usb. Then I try plugging the amp to the wall outlet and gained 13(+/-) channels. Then I tried to do a double scan and it went up to 19(+/-) channels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought a winegard flatwave amped and was able to received minimum 9(+/-) channels with the amp plug in to a usb. Then I try plugging the amp to the wall outlet and gained 13(+/-) channels. Then I tried to do a double scan and it went up to 19(+/-) channels.
will try to post the link to my tvfool report later as i need 5 post or so to share it, sorry i'm new here.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
You're not in a location for a Flatwave type antenna. You need a real outdoor antenna.

TV Fool shows all the Sutro Tower stations to be 1 edge and all the Mt. San Bruno stations to be 2 edge. I would not recommend an attic mounted antenna in this situation. You can try it but if you don't receive all the stations you've been warned. ;)

I'd go with the HD7698P or HBU55. A preamp shouldn't be necessary. If you're going to split to multiple TVs then a distribution amp in the CM341x series will do the job.

If you want to receive those stations in all those other directions you'll need a rotor.

You can get more locally oriented information by posting on the San Francisco OTA thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts