AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Might seem like a silly question, but..

Do I really need to fill a stage with sand if it doesn't have any speakers placed on it ? Or can I just fill it with insulation like the riser.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I don't believe sand is necessary if you're not sitting speakers/sub on it. I just filled mine with insulation (have speakers and sub behind it) and am not having any issue with it resonating.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
+1 on insulation only

·
Registered
471 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotto /forum/post/19521306

I don't believe sand is necessary if you're not sitting speakers/sub on it. I just filled mine with insulation (have speakers and sub behind it) and am not having any issue with it resonating.

I plan on doing the same.

·
Registered
522 Posts
your chiropractor would prefer you use sand. But there is no reason to in this situation.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Call me CRAZY but I have NOTHING filling my stage with no issues and nothing resonating. Speakers are x3 QSC DCS SC-2150's.

Maybe I'm a lucky one and I'm probably going to get flamed for no reason but stage is as solid as a rock so I saw no reason to spend the extra to fill. Did the same with my 12" riser and again... no issues at all.

It's up to you whether or not to fill but I figure I'd show you a different perspective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts