AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently I hooked up my old HDT-1 & 1X which had been in storage: the 1X locked up after a few hours of use: all I heard was distortion and it would not respond to IR commands or front panel button pushes

repowering the tuner fixed it

I tried another sample of HDT-1X with the same problem: an older HDT-1 did not have the issue

Is this a known problem with the Sangean? my other thought is my system may be sending a corrupted IR command

Thanks for any input

·
Super Moderator
19,066 Posts
Did it come up on a station that had changed anything since it was last switched on? Added a subchannel, changed resolutions on a sub.. anything such as that?

·
Super Moderator
21,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon /forum/post/20765840

Did it come up on a station that had changed anything since it was last switched on? Added a subchannel, changed resolutions on a sub.. anything such as that?

I don't think so: it happened more than once leading me to believe it is a tuner issue or a bad IR code: I used IR codes learned from the OEM remote into an RTI control system: tested each code and they seem OK

·
Super Moderator
19,066 Posts
Yeah, that kinda rules MY theory out.

We've got about four of those at the station if there's anything you need tested.

·
Super Moderator
21,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
happened again:

tuned to WAXQ-FM 104.3 main channel HD: this is a major New York FM broadcaster

Unit still responds to commands but all I hear is a digital "train" noise: turning off the tuner, then back on fixes it

next I will try leaving it on another station to see if it still does it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.