AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello Everyone, I purchased a old Sansui 350a receiver hooked up some old 100w kenwood house speakers not long ago. Once in a while it would make a popping sound from the speakers. Took it apart and cleaned out the potentiometer's (Bass Treble Volume And Balance), With DeoxIt.

The popping did not go away but became less frequent.

After sitting for a few months i turned it back on and imediately Popping
maybe 3-5 times then no sound at all for about 1-2 minutes then all was good again for more than 30 minutes i turned it off and let it sit for a good ten minutes to cool down then tuned it back on and same exact thing, again got out the deoxIT and cleaned the potentiometers. let it dry and tested it out again no popping at all. Turned it off... Again cooled it down for about 10 minutes then turned it back on and the popping sound is back. Now i guess heres the question... Am i on the right track or is this coincidence, and im just wasting my time cleaning the pots. No buldging caps anywhere no scratching when i turn the dials either. speakers work great on another system. Im lost Any Help Would Be Great. If this is to far gone it will end up being My New HTPC custom case
, but i would love to be able to fix it instead, if i can.

Added: Link To Service Manual For Anyone Else Looking For One http://elektrotanya.com/sansui_350a_sm.pdf/download.html

·
Registered
744 Posts
Look for the relay/solenoid that's should be near the on/off power switch. It should look like a little square clear plastic box. It delays the power going to the speakers for a few seconds so you don't hear a "power on" pop. The problem is tiring to clean/lube it. They are spring loaded so if you pull the cover off they are very hard to put back together. I would not do that. If there's any kind of hole in it you can try spraying it that way. I have even heard of people drilling a small hole into it ... but that to is very tricky. You can watch it work by turning the power on and it should engage a couple seconds after. Most times when these start to act up one channel will cut in and out. Can you post a top down pic of the whole inside?

Reactions: Demolitions

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hello Everyone, I purchased a old Sansui 350a receiver hooked up some old 100w kenwood house speakers not long ago. Once in a while it would make a popping sound from the speakers. Took it apart and cleaned out the potentiometer's (Bass Treble Volume And Balance), With DeoxIt.

The popping did not go away but became less frequent.

After sitting for a few months i turned it back on and imediately Popping
maybe 3-5 times then no sound at all for about 1-2 minutes then all was good again for more than 30 minutes i turned it off and let it sit for a good ten minutes to cool down then tuned it back on and same exact thing, again got out the deoxIT and cleaned the potentiometers. let it dry and tested it out again no popping at all. Turned it off... Again cooled it down for about 10 minutes then turned it back on and the popping sound is back. Now i guess heres the question... Am i on the right track or is this coincidence, and im just wasting my time cleaning the pots. No buldging caps anywhere no scratching when i turn the dials either. speakers work great on another system. Im lost Any Help Would Be Great. If this is to far gone it will end up being My New HTPC custom case
, but i would love to be able to fix it instead, if i can.

Added: Link To Service Manual For Anyone Else Looking For One Elektrotanya for electronics experts
YES, it's 2020, but I have both the Operating Instructions and the Service Manual for the SANSUI 350A.
I would be glad to send them to you--no cost. Email address: [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts