AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here own a pair of speaker stands from this brand? Are they any good? I'm thinking about ordering a pair of the NF36B's for my JBL E50s. It's hard to find something to match them because they weigh 25 lbs. which is massive for bookshelf speakers.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I've been using 2 pair, for my surrounds (Klipsch RB35) and rears (Klipsch SS3). For their price, they are well built and do what I need them to.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
I made my own for my polk audio R-20 speakers and it cost me 12 bucks.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
david you have a PM

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
I have a pair, I suppose you picked that model because its the tallest right?

My guess is that your also a little concerned that it may be a bit tippy with your heavy JBL?

------------

Well I have heavy Rocket RS-150s on mine, and yes they are a bit tippy.

If its out of a traffic area, and you have no kids or dogs that might run into it, you should be ok. Otherwise you may want to figure out a way to make it more steady, like attaching a slab of marble to the bottom of the stand.

I've had one tip over once, and it did damage my speaker slightly...

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
The ones I built are made of hdfb and they are a bit sturdier than the sanus stands.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I'm using the Sanus with the spikes attached on wall to wall carpeting. I stepped on the bases to make sure the spikes punctured the carpet, and that seems to have anchored them fairly well. Still, adding a little extra weight to the base wouldn't be a bad idea.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I purchased a pair of Sanus speaker stands for my new bookshelves and they were terrible. I had to return them.

1. the spikes were uneven.

2. The opening to mass load them was too small to use a funnel and would have taken too long to use.

3. the speaker wire guide was torn on one of the stands.

I paid quite a bit locally for them and quickly returned them.

hope this helps

Itai

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.