AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to give a presentation over the weekend so I borrowed a digital projector to run the presentation. However, I immediately trashed my living room, turned it completely around, and hooked the thing up to my DVD player. Have a nice wall to do this and had tons of fun running dvd's.

The Projector was a Sanyo PLC-XU30. 1700 lumens. Really a stunning picture and I guess the cost of this unit is about $2800.00

This was my first foray into projecting dvd entertainment and was a really great addition to my home theater audio components. The picture was as huge as the sound quality I currently experience.

I will be spending more time on this forum to learn some more before buying anything, but thought I would share my photo and initial enthusiasm about this technology. Unfortunately, I have had to take it back, but did get up at 4am the last day I had it to watch "one more movie..."

·
Registered
728 Posts
I know how you feel - my first FP experience was to borrow a 1200 lumen, LCD, XGA Proxima from work to watch an Eagle's game... you know the rest of the story...

Bought an 800 lum Sanyo XW15 6 months ago and haven't looked back.

Your place looks like it was made for HT. Read up, check the finances and go for it!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I did the same, borrowed a new Proxima DLP X350 from work over last Xmas holiday weekend. I had my family over because of my birthday that weekend and they all thought I was nuts when they came in to find the room all turned around. I had to rewire the speakers and everything, but I enjoyed the heck out of it and sold my wife on FP. Good luck with your future purchase :D .

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.