Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI

I spoke to a technical guy at Sanyo, and asked about wich "current" projectors has MLA (micro lens array)... here is the definitive answer !!!

Large

PLC-UF10

PLC-XF20

Fixed

PLC-EF30

PLC-XF30

PLC-EF12

PLC-EF10

PLC-XF12

Portable

PLC-XP45

PLC-XP30

PLC-XP21

UltraPortable

PLC-XU35

PLC-XU22

Regards,

Rick

·
Premium Member
24,463 Posts
Thanks, Rick. Did you get the feeling that the guy knew his stuff? There are lots of stories about misinformed "technical" reps.

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you can trust that information. When I spoke to the guy, he knows about MLA and just start listing me all the MLA projectors.

Rick

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I wonder if Sanyo isn't allowed to market their projectors as MLA projectors due to the fact Epson (who developed the technology and supplies Sanyo with panels) wants MLA to always be associated with Epson?

Just a thought,

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mr Wiggles wrote: "I wonder if Sanyo isn't allowed to market their projectors as MLA projectors due to the fact Epson (who developed the technology and supplies Sanyo with panels) wants MLA to always be associated with Epson?"

Proxima mentions MLA as a feature on some of their projectors on their web site.

Angeli662 wrote: "MLA is not as impressive as you thing."

Would you please explain?

Thanks,

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The XP45 I saw at Infocomm had much more screen door than the XP21 I had seen previously. Apparently the new, improved MLA doesn't help with screen door much.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kelliot wrote: "...the new, improved MLA... "

I was not aware that MLA was improved... can you comment ?

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I was being facetious.

·
Registered
842 Posts
In response to ChuckD; MLA" every individual pixel on each of the three LCD panels has a micro lens integrated into it to increase overall light concentrating efficiency.This allows more projection-lamp light through the LCD panels resulting in a brighter image" not the elimination of screen door effect, witch is not noticeble in superbright pj but is there, you have to be very close to the screen to see it. The reason I said not impressive is becouse is to me almost unnoticeble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.