AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sanyo PLV-Z3000 projector which needs a replacement bulb. Prices seem to vary widely, from $140 to over $300. Visual Apex warned me that the lower priced units may be not be Sanyo-approved bulbs, and of lower quality. Can anyone provide information or advice based on experience or otherwise? Also, apparently it's recommended that I get a unit including the bulb and the bulb housing- Why would this be necessary? The original bulb has lasted several years, and I have been pleased with the projector itself.

Do any of the on-line suppliers provide a warranty on the their bulbs, like, three to six months or so? - That might relieve some of the questions about buying a "non-Sanyo-approved" bulb.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

Jim

·
Registered
6,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cate /forum/post/20769998

I have a Sanyo PLV-Z3000 projector which needs a replacement bulb. Prices seem to vary widely, from $140 to over $300. Visual Apex warned me that the lower priced units may be not be Sanyo-approved bulbs, and of lower quality. Can anyone provide information or advice based on experience or otherwise? Also, apparently it's recommended that I get a unit including the bulb and the bulb housing- Why would this be necessary? The original bulb has lasted several years, and I have been pleased with the projector itself.

Do any of the on-line suppliers provide a warranty on the their bulbs, like, three to six months or so? - That might relieve some of the questions about buying a "non-Sanyo-approved" bulb.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

Jim

Do some searched on "Lamp replacement" Knockoff non OEM lamps are worthless. Pay the price for real OEM and get what you pay for, or play the lottery, with what you would spend on the cheap knock off your odds of success are greater!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes /forum/post/20770267

Do some searched on "Lamp replacement" Knockoff non OEM lamps are worthless. Pay the price for real OEM and get what you pay for, or play the lottery, with what you would spend on the cheap knock off your odds of success are greater!

$180 for a lamp is cheap?

Jim

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.