AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help me out? The XP21 and XP30 are on my short list. Is there in the Bay Area a dealer with one (or both) of these on display? Or if anyone has one of these projectors in his or her own home I'd be quite grateful for the opportunity to come over for a short viewing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well, I will be checking the VMI INC(Sanyo Dealer) _ 211 Weddell Drive - Sunnyvale to see if they have the PLV-60HD. I don't know about the other 2 models from Sanyo.

By the way, as you are far from this address. Theirs fone number http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif 408) 745-1700/745-6721.

MoocaT

·
Registered
118 Posts
VMI is close to my workplace. They are a professional outfit and sell professional equipment. We've used them for converging our CRT projectors a while back -- they were on the expensive side. I'd be interested in what pricing they have on the plv-60...

Wayne

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sad sad news. Why it's so hard to find a local dealer to shop a projector? Projector is one of toys that I don like to buy it online.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I demo'ed the XP21N at a place in San Francisco...I can't remember the name but I think the address was 101 Embarcadero just down the street from Pac Bell Park...in an old building in front of a seafood restaurant. I believe "light" was in their name. Anyway, I liked it so much that I ordered it the next day from www.projectors-now.com. Of course the projector is back at Sanyo right now being fixed after watching about 8 movies....having a problem with an offset red image.

------------------

"let's build a home theater in the basement" What seemed like such an innocent statement has turned into a $40K project...sigh...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ron,

I wouldn't mind you checking out my system. However, my Denon receiver and the XP21N both had issues over the weekend(i just got the theater up and running on Friday). They are both back to the manufacturers for service.

I expect the projector back next week and the Denon in about 3 weeks. If you are still interested in late September, send me an email and I would be more than happy to let you have a peek.

Panelight is the place and yes, the guy was very helpful. True that the demo was not geared toward home theater other than the fact that we brought our dvd player and some dvd's to view. However, the XP21N looked better on a bare wall with quite a bit of ambient light than the Seleco HT250, Sharp7000(?), Marantz(don't remember the model number) and the Runco DLP(although the guy couldn't get the scaler working). The only projector we saw a demo of that looked better than the Sanyo was a $20K Runco CRT. I should say that a few of the projectors we saw were definitely not optimized.

------------------

Get ready Grandma....hell is coming to breakfast"

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doug, you are referring to Panelight. I demoed an Epson 7700 at Panelight back in January. I cannot recall the fellow's name at Panelight, however I do recall he was very nice. However, I also recall that the setup there is almost exclusively designed for business applications and, as such, it was difficult to guage how a projector would look in a home theater environment, e.g., on a Stewart G'Hawk screen or feeding the projector a Direct TV or Dish Network signal.

If it is not too much of an imposition, and if I may be so presumptuous, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to drive down from Oakland for a quick demo of your set up. The new XP45, soon to be available, is on my short list and I strongly suspect the XP21 would give me an excellent representation of what to expect.

Thanks.

Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.