AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about the suitability of these projectors for HT ? I know the XP21N is wonderful. This one also has a micro lens array (I think) but it appears to have a lower contrast ratio. I'm bringing it up because dovebid.com is going to be auctioning some off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll take the deafening silence as meaning noone knows about or cares about this projector. Ah, well. I did find one review that said it had 134 : 1 contrast ratio and it does have MLA.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
It probably works OK but not spectacular with regard to contrast. If you can get one for a great price it might suit your needs. You'll probably want a grey screen with it.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
This is a good presentation projector for a church or classroom. It is only an average projector for home theatre and not at all exciting. You would be better off looking for something that has a better contrast ratio and trade off some of the lumens.

Lenny Eckian

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Depends on your ambient. Lots of home theaters have contrast that is ambient limited.

In which case the output is as important as any other spec.

Projector Central has this projector with on/off at 350:1 and 2200 lumens. Not horrible, just not 600:1.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If you need mucho lumens this machine will deliver-however I have used both this projector and the 21N and the difference in contrast level is very significant. I would not have been happy with the black level of the 20N and the reduced constrast ratio made the screen door more apparent. The XP21N is rated at 700 to 1 as opposed to the XP20N 350 to 1 - this is a huge difference and it shows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.