AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sanyo PLC XP21N. I'm relatively new to this site and probably missed (by two years) any threads on customizing settings on this pj through the service menu. I'm still very pleased with my picture. Anybody out there know if there are things I should do to get a better picture. I'm using a Sony HD200, Denon DVD 2800II, Xbox (with HiDef pack), and gamecube. Screen is a 72" Stewart Studiotek 130. Very bright. Manual masking with black velvet and some nylon rope. I tried a Dalite 84" High Contrast gray screen, but found I liked the Studiotek better. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Yeah Steve, I think I have a lot of these tweaks but it would be GREAT if you could spell them out all in one place. Probably time to recalibrate.

Are you going to Hong Kong soon? If so, please PM me.

Dan

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Hey Steve, it would be nice to tweak before the big game tomorrow. It is going to be in HD here, can't wait. Best Buy has this funny ad running where a guy walks up to an HDTV showing pictures of flowers and he is mildly interested. Then they switch it to HD football and the guy faints he is so blown away.

It really is that good. The XP21N does a great job with HD in general and football in particular.

Dan

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Sorry Dan, You would need to say up all night to get through what I have to tweak !!!!:D

You will just have to wait till I get the details together.

I am VERY SURE that you will enjoy the game,

You will still be amazed at the XP21 Picture quality, (which is something you already know)

I am jealous though, we don't have HDTV here, though I do have Digital SKY satellite.

Cheers

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We've got it here and HD football is awesome. Easily the best thing I can think of to watch in HD. Definitely the best thing to watch for wow factor. I think CBS's OTA beats ABC's and Directv's NFL HD programming.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Had a Small Problem with my Projector, so I have to delay the Tweaking.

The Lamp Died last night right in the middle of the gamma adjustments.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't have a spare, so no more working on the tweaks till I get back from Hong Kong trip.

March 16th to April 15th Hong Kong , Australia , Hong Kong

Will let you know when I get back to the Tweak Sheet.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Hey Steve, how many hours did you have on that lamp? I'm getting a bit nervous about mine, thank goodness it made it through the big game. :)

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.