Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well…

I tried the direct “frontal†approach and got little in the way of a satisfactory answer as to the approximate shipping dates for the long anticipated Sanyo PLV-60. So I went around to the back door to knock and try and to get some answers. What I got was third hand information (at best) from a rebadger. This places this post squarely in the “gossip†column. It is my hope here that someone inside/outside the forum is closer to the source and can give us some accurate info.

The word is… a delay in shipping, maybe six weeks or much more due to a quality control issues over the Sony panels. It is said the units are ready to go less the panels and that these are not up to Sanyo’s standards.

I have wondered [quietly] as to the relationship between Sony and Sanyo, particularly over these panels. As a fellow much wiser than myself told me today “Sony won’t let Sanyo dance with its womanâ€. It does seem at odds letting Sanyo best Sony’s flagship digital projectors (10HT/11HT). BTW, I bet that’s one wicked supply contract between those guys.

Patiently waiting (hey it can't be any worse than a Pana-take-forever-morph)

Thump

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Ha! That's funny! A possible delay of 6 weeks? Sony probably doesn't want Sanyo to release their projector before the new 11HT comes out, which is targeted for a July release in Japan....so a 6 week delay sounds about right but, I think the 11HT won't be shipped to the states until Sept/Oct time frame. Oh well.

"Patiently waiting".....me too.

Thanks for the update Thumper.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi,

in Germany it is not delayed. The first serial units arrive the shops this week. I will look, if I can see one, or if in the German HT-forum is a good report.

The first report was about its silent fan, comparable to the VW-10HT.

Greetings, Walter

------------------

Graz, home town of the Terminator...

·
Registered
69 Posts
sorry walter, thats not true. there is only one shop in germany, which got one presample unit because he is reopening the store and a good sanyo dealer. the first shipment will arrive next week sanyo munich. after quality controll we hope that we will get the first units end of next week and beginning of week 22.

i`ve got some information, that the first april production was stop shipping, because they didnt reach the quality standard. my personal opinion is, that there will be some competition problems between the sony / sanyo people. it`s a creasy situation: one department is selling the panels and the other deparment must sell against the customer. but this is since years the business in the lcd market.

------------------

Patrick Schappert
www.grobi.tv

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Wow. This is getting good. I believe the new Runco lcd is also using the Sony 1366x768 WXGA panels. Am I correct in thinking that Sony is the only manufacturer right now making 1366x768 lcd panels?

·
Registered
69 Posts
tom, that`s true. epson is in the future coming with 1280 x 768 the new thoshiba mt 7 will use the panels.

------------------

Patrick Schappert
www.grobi.tv

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just read a post over at the thebigpicturedvd forum from MVS which stated that they were getting a shipment of the new PLV-60 from Sanyo on Thursday. Hopefully we'll finally get to read a review of an actual production unit soon!!!

Just copy this link into your browser to read the post:
http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/dcforum/DCForumID53/3.shtmlc>

kmartin

[This message has been edited by kmartin (edited 05-20-2001).]

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sony/Sanyo have had a joint venture producing LCD panels for over five years now. I am unaware of Sony OEM projectors to other companies. If Runco is getting the projector from Sanyo(very likely) as they provide interchangeable lens options.

[This message has been edited by ghibliss (edited 05-21-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.