AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide between the Sanyo PLV-60 and the Sony VW10HT projectors. One of my issues is with the number of inputs. The 10HT appears to have 3 inputs, but input A is only S-Video (so only 2 component inputs, 1 for the DVD, 1 for the computer). The PLV-60 seems to have a true RGB input for the computer, and then 2 full component inputs (1 for the DVD, 1 for future expansion, like HDTV).

However, it looks like the S-Video connector is on Input 2. My question for someone who atually has a PLV-60 is: Does the projector automatically switch between the S-Video connector and the component inputs, depending upon which has a signal? I'd like to connect my progressive scan DVD player to the component connectors of Input 2, and my cable-TV box/VCR/ReplayTV S-video to the S-video connector of Input 2. Would the projector properly handle these two sources as long as only one was active at a time?

·
Registered
375 Posts
MikeP,

Input #2 can handle RGB, component (progressive & interlaced), S-video and composite video. You have to select one of the above from the menu - it does not auto-select.

Thump

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Thump! Just to clarify though...if I have two different sources plugged into the component connectors and the S-video connector for input #2, I can then switch between these two sources using the remote? That also implies that I can program the macros on my control system to do the switching for me when I select my source material?

If so, that really means that the projector has more than just 3 inputs, and that makes it a must buy for me!

·
Registered
375 Posts
MikeP,

That is correct. You may have connections to the component input and the S-video input and switch between them in the menu. The input #2 RGB/component/composite shares the same BNC connectors so switching electronicly between them is not possible. Also the unit can be set to auto-sense the scan rate from the progressive input.

Thump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.