AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered a Sanyo PLV-60. My distributor suggested that I wait for the new Sharp DLP. Does anyone know where I can find info for this new Projector ?

Thankyou, Moony...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with Dan. I also have a PLV-60 and am extremely happy with it. The picture quality is outstanding especially when using quality source such as a DVD with an excellent transfer. I had initial dust problems but once the unit was cleaned by Sanyo I have had no other difficulties. Of note, I just finished North by Northwest and feel it is one of the best DVD transfers to date IMO.

The Sharp does sound good but the last Sharp (XV-DW100U) that came close to the Sanyo in performance minus the 16:9 native display was $9999 at a national chain electronics store. There is currently a power buy for the PLV-60 with AVS for $5799. I should have waited for the power buy as mine was $6300.

One of the great things about technology is that it is always improving. As with computers, the moment you buy into a particular technology it becomes dated. There will always be something better down the line. It's just a decision of when you want to jump on the train and go for a ride. (bad analogy ?)

Good luck with your decision,

-Brian

·
Registered
115 Posts
Brian,

I just purchased a Sharp XV-DW100U from John Andrews for $4695. It was a new unit with full warranty. I think Sharp must be lowering prices to get ready for the 9000. I love this new unit (coming off a Sony 1270) and working with John([email protected])was a dream!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.