AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what people thought of the Sanyo PLV-60HT. The PLV-70 seems to be the ultimate but is way too expensive. I am thinking about the 60HT, but I can't seem to find anywhere to see it in action (I'm in the Boston area). What are your thoughts about this particular projector, and it compared to other similar ones?

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the SE 13HD which is just about the same machine but with a better warranty. I live in central MA right off of MA pike. If you want to see my HT with this unit PM me and I can show you it .

· Registered
119 Posts
I'm also looking at this (and a few others) especially now that the price has dropped... any opions are welcome. I've read a lot of very positive reviews on it, but most are >1 year old. I'd like to hear how it compares with the 300, hs-10, tw100....

Make that two in the Boston area looking for a demo ;)

Thanks,

Mike

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool! thanks guys! Definitely good to know the 13HD is there. That's the Boxlight version, right? Same price? I wonder if there are any stores who have those and are willing to do a comparison to others....

· Registered
61 Posts
Guys,

I was lucky enough to see a PLV-70, PLV-60 and TW100 side by side back in November. See my uneducated review here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...69#post1523169

I too was torn, considering the rapidly dropping price of the PLV-60, and I went for the 70. But considering that I don't expect to be making such a large purchase for a good few years, I wanted something that I was going to be happy with for a long time. But that's just me.

As you'll see from the post, I saw these three at Adtech in Wayland, MA. They may still be able to provide such a demo, but remember they are focused on business applications, not home users.

Cheers

· Registered
119 Posts
Awesome - I finally got in touch with them.

They no longer sell the 60HT, but they do have 1 PLV-70 in stock. I'm going to try and check it out next week. They also have the 300u, the C75, and the X1 in stock. No stock on the TW100, but they are on order. I'm not sure whether it was their Nashua or their Wayland office, I'll have to call and check.

Blue - after reading your review (vs the other 60HT and TW100 reviews) do you think that they might have spent a lot more time calibrating the PLV70 and not done anything with the others?

Also, have you experienced any of the 'blob' problems talked about in the other forum?

Thanks,

Mike

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
COOL! I just called over there and they have a brand new home theater demo room!!!! I'm goin over there marathon day, so mike if you dont get to it next week go then!

· Registered
119 Posts
Wow - nice!

Which location - Nashua or Wayland? (I wish they told me about it!)

There is a place in Newton NH which is supposed to have the Boxlight version of the Sanyo 60HT. I'll post detail as soon as I know.

Thanks,

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.