Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I found this forum while I was searching for some answers regarding projectors. You see, I'm sitting here and trying to find the best option for upgrading our systems onboard the ship where I work, we have three theaters and lounges where we are going to install new projectors (5 projectors in all)

My main concern is a 150 seats theater where the screen is a 13' 16:9. The throw distance is 14'.

Two of the vendors I have contacted have recommended the Sanyo PLV-60HT (or Cinema 13HD) as a suitable projector for our movie needs combined with another projector for handling lectures which demands 4:3 format. Sanyo PLC-XP45 is the projector suggested for the lectures.

Originally we were planning to purchase something like a Sanyo XF20 with 5000 ANSI Lumens. But we wanted to have 16:9 and take advantage of the full screen. As there are occasional lectures in the area we will also need 4:3 formats showing with ambient light.

Are there anyone out there who have any experience with a projector of only 1300 ANSI Lumens on a relative large screen.

·
Registered
332 Posts
According to the projector Central calculator for the Sanyo PLV-60HT, for a 14 foot through distance:

Diagonal Range: 94.3 - 118.6 in. ( 7.9 - 9.9 ft.)

Height Range: 56.6 - 71.2 in. ( 4.7 - 5.9 ft.)

Width Range: 75.5 - 94.9 in. ( 6.3 - 7.9 ft.)

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Odd,

I have a JVC G15 D-ILA projector with an external ISCO anamorphic lens that I use with a 13' wide (180" diag) Stewart Grayhawk perforated screen.

The G15 is rated at 1500 lumens, but mine is calibrated, so it's probably more like 1350 lumens with a new bulb, and the 16:9 lens allows the full panel light output for 16:9 material.

Anyway it looks plenty bright even with the 0.9 gain perforated screen and now 1100 hours on the bulb (which is rated at 1000 hours).

the real light output with the older bulb is probably around 850 lumens, yet in a dark room a bright scene will still cause you to squint your eyes, and I can (and do) watch sometimes with room lights on for eating and entertaining, and the picture still looks pretty good.

For the more dedicated theaters that will mostly be for movie use (partially darkened) 1500 lumens is more than enough. But for the few rooms that will be mostly business presentation use in full room light, you might get something brighter.

-Dean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all your useful information and knowledge. The screen is 13' wide, and I have checked the throw distance with the optional short throw zoom. We will just manage to fit the projector the needed 14.9 feets away.

The room will be used for lectures as well and for this purpose we will fit another projector (the new Sanyo XP45) with 3500 Lumens close by the PLV60.

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.