AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering (but don't know if I'll purchase) upgrading from my LP340v to something better. I'd like to avoid the DLP rainbow (I can see if very well), and I'd also like to do away with the large halo that surround my screen (and since I'm in an apartment, I don't want to mask the entire wall).

So, I began to look into the LCD offerings, and I'm very interested in the Sanyo PLV-60 and/or the Cinema 13HD from Studio Experience. I've done some reading, and obviously these are the same units with the exception of some firmware (Has this been confirmed?).

Before I seriously consider a purchase, I want to know if the 13HD is actually any better than the PLV-60HT? Another concern of mine is support... if I buy the re-branded unit, does Sanyo still offer a full 3 year warranty? I don't like the idea of the unit being warranted by a smaller company.

In addition, what sort of changes can one expect when going from DLP to LCD? I haven't really spent much time with LCD units. I plan on seeking down some of the LCD units in my area so that I can look at them first hand.

·
Registered
46 Posts
as far as I follow it, nothing has been confirmed about what the firmware upgrade does. Studio Experience makes claims that it improves picture quality, but I've never seen exactly how it does this. Other than the firmware and the color of the unit, these are the same unit.

Sanyo warrenty doesn't apply to the 13HD, Studio Experience will be performing the work. They are smaller than sanyo, but not terribly small. They are the same company the produces the boxlight projectors. So far I haven't heard a bad thing about the service there.

I've never spent serious time with a DLP so I'll not respond to that part.

hope this helps.

-Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.