Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone who owns the PLV-70 has taken a look at the HS20 at CEDIA. Which one should I choose? I like the idea of the brightness of the sanyo, but I also like the 1300:1 contrast of the sony. If MONEY WERE NOT AN OBJECT, which would YOU choose?

·
Registered
318 Posts
PLV-70.

But if money was not an object...neither ;)

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I don't own either own, but after seeing the PLV-70 multiple times at shows and seeing the HS20 at CEDIA, I would take the HS20 at the same price. It probably depends on whether you need all those 2200 lumens, but I would take the 1200 or so lumens, the versatility of the iris for much higher CR at times, the much more up to date inputs (both HDMI and DVI with HDCP), and I'm guessing the much quieter projector, besides also being smaller and easier to move around. If you need bright images, the HS20 with a Hi-Power screen would be pretty bright for most people. There are those of course who love to super bright images of the PLV-70 with the Hi-Power, but I don't think they are in the majority.

--Darin

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys...I think I'm leaning toward the HS20. I just saw the HS10 and the brightness seemed to be acceptable, so I suppose the brightness issue is mute. I guess I'm going to play the waiting game and then preorder one from Projector People within the next few months...The HS20 should be a subsantial upgrade from my VW10HT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.