AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Incredible, for first time in projector's history, it seems than here we poor people of spain are the first in know something.

AngelXXI, a partner of mine in the best spanish a/v forums, mundodvd, saw in the spanish web of sanyo (sanyo.es), the first "official" information about the plv-d1, the first dlp projector from sanyo.

As seen in the web, the specs are:

16:9 format

New DLP panels sistem. (could be the Epson's?)

Pixel number: 1.024 x 768 (dont understand, not 16/9)

Computer (WXGA Real y WSXGA compressed)

1.000 Ansi Lumens

Contrast 3.500:1 :eek: :eek: :eek:

MAnual focus/zoom

KeyStone H/V

Inputs: PC, DVI, Composite, S-VÃ*deo and Components DVD and HDTV

Color system PAL, PAL M/N, SECAM, NTSC and NTSC 4.43

New Farudja DCDi with 10 bit vÃ*deo decoder :eek:

Noise: low 23dB :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is the face of the beast:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It looks good, isnt it?

23 db is near silent, and that 3500:1 is like black hole's blacks.

If it is 1280x720 and below 2500 bucks, Im sold!!

I hope it will be a budget projector, because they have talked about the hd10, that seems will be far expensive.

People from mundodvd.com will try to know more about this projector.

Will post ASAP!!

PD: somebody cant explain me how to attach a pic?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
specs seem great but didnt u already mention it to be XGA ?

i think whe can forget about this being a budget PJ specialy in the 25k range .

i love the new faroudja thingy tho .

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
Assuming the 16:9 spec is correct, then it sounds like it is using a masked XGA chip to get t6he aspect ratio right (1024x576). The contrast ratio looks great, though. Any word on color wheel speed?

I would expect prices to be around the Infocus SP5700 or Toshiba 500 level.

Later,

Bill

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im pretty sure 16:9 is correct.

-The Plv-D1 was said to be shown at IFA's Show, but it wasnt. But it was said to be an DLP machine (the firs of Sanyo), and a 16:9 one.

- in the Spanish web is in the "Homecinema" category, and says that WXGA (real or native) and WSXGA (compressed) are accepted resolutions.

I dont know the exact resolution, but I think it will be 1280 x 720 (or better, 1366 x 768, WXGA). The 1024 x 576 that you say is not WXGA.

:confused:

I think is more possible the 1280 one, because a 1366x768 DLP would be a New Panel System (Hey! Sounds like the New panel System they put in the spanish web!!!):D

About the price, I know, I know, I am dreaming, but... Perhaps a Sanyo's manufactured miracle is happening! :cool:

About the color wheel speed nothing, sorry

On monday, we will try to contact Sanyo Spain to find out more.

Keep on posting!!:D

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Based on these translated specs it seems it an XGA chip.

Formato 16:9

Nuevo sistema de paneles DLP

Número de pÃ*xels 1.024 x 768

Ordenador (compressed WXGA Real y WSXGA comprimido)

Luminosidad 1.000 Ansi Lumens

Relación de contraste 3.500:1

Zoom/foco manual

Correción de KeyStone H/VEntradas de PC, DVI, VÃ*deo compuesto, S-VÃ*deo y por componentes DVD y HDTV

Sistema de color PAL, PAL M/N, SECAM, NTSC y NTSC 4.43

Nuevo circuito Farudja DCDi con 10 bit vÃ*deo decoder

Bajo nivel de ruido 23dB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, dont know nothing about lens shift, only the h/v keyston correction.

I have found this googling, can somebody translate it? I thing is from norway:

En første titt på Sanyo PLV-D1

Sanyo viste fram en ny DLP-projektor under årets IFA-messe, men spesifikasjoner på denne har til nå vært svært begrenset. Nå har det dukket opp noen detaljer på den offisielle spanske nettsiden til selskapet.

Og dette ser ikke dårlig ut. I følge det spanske nettstedet får PLV-D1 XGA-oppløsning (1024 x 768) og "nye DLP-paneler". Lysstyrken er på 1000 ANSI lumen, mens kontrastforholdet er satt til imponerende 3.500:1. Videre får projektoren manuell zoom og fokus, samt keystone-korreksjon.

Tilkoblingsmulighetene består blant annet av VGA, DVI, kompositt, S-Video og komponent video. En ny DCDi-chip fra Faroudja sammen med 10-bits bildeprosessering skal sørge for et godt og stabilt bilde. Viftestøyen er oppgitt til smått utrolige 23 dB (!).

Vi kommer tilbake med ytterligere opplysninger så snart de dukker opp på nettet.

It seems that is XGA, but im nor sure.

If its XGA, is not as good as i thought, but sure this way its going to be easier to keep this projector in the

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I didnt read the whole report from norway. The say that the Resource of their information is Sanyo Spain, too, so they are wondering , the same as us.

If it is a XGA chip, the 16:9 and the WXGA and WSXGA specs are all wrong.

We will see....

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi folks,

Epson is mentionned as DLP source with question mark.

Is it a rumor? T.I. licence or competitive technology?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Quote:

If it is a XGA chip, the 16:9 and the WXGA and WSXGA specs are all wrong.

It says compressed WXGA and WDXGA. It could be an XGA chip with a 16:9 mode like many other projectors-

Lenny Eckian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by leckian

It says compressed WXGA and WDXGA. It could be an XGA chip with a 16:9 mode like many other projectors-

Lenny Eckian [/b]
No, it says WXGA "Real" y WSXGA "Comprimido"

That means WXGA "Native" and WSXGA "Compressed".

so, a WXGA 16:9 native projector that can do upscaling up to WSXGA resolution.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by trifon
Hi folks,

Epson is mentionned as DLP source with question mark.

Is it a rumor? T.I. licence or competitive technology?
Sorry, I was just wondering. It was a nosense, I was thinking on new Epson Panels, 1280x720, but those are LCD.

If that DLP new panels are really new, (not a Matterhorn or HD2 or.... ones) I dont know who is the manufacturer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I see that a lot of people is confused about the information I'm posting.

There are 2 reasons:

I must apologize for my poor english, i just write the best i can, but i understand sometimes is not enough.

The second reason is that specs in the spanish web are not absolutly correct. One or more of the numbers talking about format/image/resolution must be wrong, because they seem to be oposite one to each other.

We will try to find out which: the 16:9 format/WXGA or the 1024x768 pixels/XGA chip.

Be patient with me!

:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, assume we don't know if it is native 16:9 or 4:3, but the CR and ANSI held true, than which chip, manufactured by Ti would you recommend set up for this task ?

Matterhorn...no..HD2...no..XGA 12 degree/Black metal(Ht1000), mabey...but then you need Iris, how can you forget to write that in the specification....so what's left, HD2+. New DLP chip, yes, it is.

PLV70 and Z2 are stated real WXGA, good. Z1 SVGA(ok, they are not the first one to say SVGA res. on this machine)

Nec HT110 wil bee 3500:1, might be OEM, but i don't think so.

Fromt the picture, there might be good chances for incoperate lens shift, however it seems to be motorized in that case(DPX1000) and then you might ask, why is the zoom manual.

looking forwad to hear the real specification on this machine ADNmaster, since I have failed getting in contact with Sanyo about D1.

oh, btw I posted this a couple of weeks ago in the

·
Registered
444 Posts
From all the posts it sounds like it's one of two options

1) 16x9 Matterhorn, that I would be shocked if they actually got 3500 CR AND 1000 lumens. I wouldn't expect this to be any less than $3999.

2) 16x9 HD2+ , that would be capable of 3500 CR AND 100 lumens. But don't expect to see this for anything less than.... say $7999 (and even that's probably low).

Just my guess... since these are the new 16x9 chips from TI. I wouldn't expect Sanyo to release a new DLP projector with last year's chip.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ok.. it is Monday in Spain...

Where is the info!??!?!

:D

·
Registered
318 Posts
This sounds a bit too good for the money suggested.

And a DLP from Epson? That doesn't quite sound right either. I could be wrong though.

There's always the question of the color wheel speed...which may ruin all those other great specs for many if it's not a 4 segment, spinning really fast.

Rainbows are rainbows. no matter how high CR or Lumen output or resolution.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Interesting, looks as if the Sharp Z200 and other Matterhorn based DLP's getting new competition from a XGA DLP.

Contrast Ratio is very impressive. But I'm wondering if it is the "old" XGA DLP DMD or is it a new version?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.