AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, 1st of all, I'm completely confused on these threads. Official, closed merged, only available under full moon, etc.

Please post here your concerns and experience with the Eco Mode Fan speed-up under hot conditions.

Seems like the unit is quite loud under 'Normal' mode, but near silent in 'Eco' Mode. But if things get too hot, the fan speed ramps up to 'Normal' mode levels, which some are finding quite annoying.

I am facing a ceiling install situation with a short ceiling of 6'9". I am concerned about this situation.

tia

·
Registered
45 Posts
Now are three days I have the Z1 and after about 15 hours of watching; I always have it on cinema mode and the fun never speed up; It is really quit. I have my room always at 70 degrees.

·
Registered
93 Posts
CAE,

Thats impressive, mine still spins up, but I noticed today, that its spinning up less, but it still spins up. My room, stays 65 degree year round (to cool computer gear), so I know its not a ventilation issue. This is a very odd issue. Makes me nervous.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The fan speed of Z1 is also annoying me.

I feel (may be wrong) that the frequencey the fan spin up is lesser if I placed the Z1 upside down and turn on the "Ceiling Mode". You can try try.

Kevin

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have it ceiling mounted with free space all over and it keeps first 15 mins. quiet but then it starts it's up/down cycle.. :( and with this individual, it is at worst 3 sec up, 3sec down etc.. annoying YES. There has been some talks over german AV board about software update, so I think I'll talk to my "local" service center soon after year ends.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I got mine Friday, and although not ceiling mounted yet, I have not experiened any speed up, and it has been running all weekend with the central heating nice and high....

I'm in the UK, so maybe our fans are more tolerant :rolleyes:

Nick.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
I'm in the UK, so maybe our fans are more tolerant
You better wash your ears more often! :D

Just kiddddin, I will have my Z1 later this day. OMG

I don't giveaf**k if the fan is speeding. Crank up the 5.1, look at the big picture and...weeeeee.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have also experienced the annoying fan noice. I run it att black mode or whatever they call it. Its near silent for fifteen minutes, then the fan spins up, not to normal mode, but somewhere in between, it last for three to five seconds, then down again. These cycles last for a couple of minutes, then its quiet again. It rather annoying if youre watching a "silent" movie. I would rather have the fan running a bit faster/louder all the time, then you wouldnt notice it that much. So a new softwareupdate with a fan mode just a "notch" up from the silent mode but stable, no "up-down" sequences, that would be great!

·
Registered
79 Posts
does the problem of the up and down of the fun is present also in normal mode or only in black mode?

does anybody try to put an 8cm or 12cm additional lo noise fun to help the projector to push away the hot air?

·
Registered
19 Posts
After using the Z1 for 1 hour, the fan suddenly spinned like crazy non-stop, like the sound of aerosol spray. I quickly switch off the unit and restart again. This awful noise did not happen again after that, apart from the varying noise level, which is definitely above 28 db. Has anybody experience this?

What is this noise firmware about?

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
i have used my z1 for i'd say a total of 4 hours in econo mode. no sudden increase in fan speed. I have the north american version though. maybe that fan issue has been tweaked since the jap versions went on sale earlier

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quote:
There has been some talks over german AV board about software update, so I think I'll talk to my "local" service center soon after year ends.
Have heard the same thing. Rumours says that it has been fixed with a new firmware. I have a latter version so, for me, this problem does not exist. My Z1 is silent like the lamb:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Perhaps everyone could check their firmware version and post that along with whether or not they are having the fan problem.

I don't have a Z1 myself (yet) but in another thread Jogi said you can access firmware like so:

Quote:
WARNING do not mess with service menu settings if you dont know what you are doing!!

Press SELECT and INPUT buttons from projector for 5-10secs and you are in. You can exit the menu by pressing on/off power button from the remote.

There is about 600 possible settings as setting number and value pairs. Menu also shows version number which was in my case 120 or 1.20 (It's german/europe version)

·
Registered
93 Posts
what are you firmware versions? mine is 1.21 and i have the issue, anyone not have the issue? whats your firmware?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.