AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, got a new Sanyo PLV-Z2000 today and so far i'm not impressed at all. I'm seeing vertical lines really bad. I'm not sure how to post a picture with this thread but i have a good picture of what's going on. I am about 15 ft back on a 92" screen and they are really distracting. Anyone else. I tried some different settings and no help. Using blu ray player and d-vhs and still have them in either source. HELP!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
What kind of screen do you have, I have the Z2000 and it looks great on my Carada 110 BW screen.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a daylight high contrast 92". If you can tell me how i'll throw up a picture of the lines. thanks

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
1080p resolution

15' viewing distance

92" screen

Screen door is impossible. Send the projector in to be looked at or post a picture so we can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yeah, I'm 12' from 106" screen with a 720p projector and I can barely see screen door.

You're sitting farther away from a smaller screen, with a higher res projector. You shouldn't have any problems.

As suggested, something is wrong with that particular Sanyo.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Something must be wrong with your model. On my 92" screendoor can't be seen on the Z2000 unless you are within three feet distance.. even then they are just small pixels.

If one wants bad screendoor, get a Sony VPL-AW15! I could see it 12ft away... In comparasion, the Z2000 is a miracle of sorts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tec guy is calling Sanyo tommorrow, guys i would love to paste a picture if you could school me. Dave

·
Registered
610 Posts
That sucks. This used to be more of an issue with older lcds. Google lcd vertical banding. You will probably have to exchange/replace it.

You can post your picture here:

http://www.picoodle.com/

Copy the field beneath Direct link to image. Then on AVS click the picture insertion button and paste.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Posting this for djdaveofkc:

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
You have used another projector on this screen?

Looks like it could almost be the screen material itself is all.

Try it on a white wall maybe?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi again guys, no this is my 5th projector. My first being the plus piano 3200, then the pansonic pt-ae700, the 900, ax200 and now the sanyo. the last 3 were lcd's and i have never seen this on any of the pannys. as you look in the left and right of the screen it looks like this also but you can really see it in this particular frame in the middle. Dave

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
It does look kind of different from what I have normally seen from the sanyo. I know 2 people who have the Z2000 and the images they have look fabulous.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it's not just in the middle although that's where you see it the best in this particular image. Look at the image closely and you'll see it all the way across. thanks for all the replys.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If the lines are curved, they're moire patterns. If the lines are vertically straight and fall between the pixels, they're screen door effect. If the lines are closer together on the left or right than they are on the other side of the screen, it's a lens/optical alignment issue and the lines are possibly diffraction/interferometric artifacts. It's hard to tell from the picture what you have going on there.

I don't think it'e SDE. With 1080p source material, connected properly (HDMI), you shouldn't be able to see the SDE from any more than 3-4 feet away from the screen, even using a high-contrast screen.

Greg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did some reading on your moire theory and it could be that maybe.My screen is 4 years old so i'll try on a wall somewhere and see what happens. The tech guy called me back and said my salesman was going to call me that night. No call that night and no call today. Thanks a lot guys!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts