AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this combination? I have been trying to get 24 fps output from the Panasonic and it won't work. The reviews for the Z60 say that it will support 24 fps but the panasonic (BD30) doesn't seem to recognize it during the HDMI handshake. I realize that the BD30 does not allow 'forced' 24 fps but I figured it would recognize that the Z60 will support it. I also asked the question in the 'official' BD30 thread here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post15515799

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryht /forum/post/15516891

Does anyone else have this combination? I have been trying to get 24 fps output from the Panasonic and it won't work. The reviews for the Z60 say that it will support 24 fps but the panasonic (BD30) doesn't seem to recognize it during the HDMI handshake. I realize that the BD30 does not allow 'forced' 24 fps but I figured it would recognize that the Z60 will support it. I also asked the question in the 'official' BD30 thread here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post15515799

Thanks.

I can't speak to your combination, but I can absolutely confirm that the reviews are correct and the Z60 will accept a 24fps signal (tested via PS3). I'm not sure exactly what the Z60 is doing with that signal yet, but there is some noticeable tearing going on. Disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. If you get your setup working I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on picture quality. Doesn't seem to be too many Z60 owners so far here at AVS.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone else have this combo? It appears that I am out of luck to get 24 fps which is ok, I just want to make sure I'm not missing some silly setting.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I now have the same setup...when I go to the bd-30's menu, I see the option for 24fps, but cannot select it? It looks fine at 1080p so I'm not worried about it...

A question I have for you is if you are getting a small amount of light leakage from the rear of the projector...I see a small amount form the s-video and component inputs which is probably normal, but I am also getting a small amount from the left side (mounted upside down) where the plastic casing comes together (in pitch black room)...there is a very small gap there...it's nothing distracting, but I had a Z5 and don't remember that (unless I never noticed it because the case was silver). I put a small piece of putty over it and problem solved, but I wondering if I should call Sanyo on it? If you get a chance, take a look at yours and let me know, Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archbushman /forum/post/15559084

I now have the same setup...when I go to the bd-30's menu, I see the option for 24fps, but cannot select it? It looks fine at 1080p so I'm not worried about it...

A question I have for you is if you are getting a small amount of light leakage from the rear of the projector...I see a small amount form the s-video and component inputs which is probably normal, but I am also getting a small amount from the left side (mounted upside down) where the plastic casing comes together (in pitch black room)...there is a very small gap there...it's nothing distracting, but I had a Z5 and don't remember that (unless I never noticed it because the case was silver). I put a small piece of putty over it and problem solved, but I wondering if I should call Sanyo on it? If you get a chance, take a look at yours and let me know, Thanks, Bill

Hey, Bill. I have sent Panasonic an email about the 24fps. I suspect they will say it's Sanyo's fault (EDID?) then I'll check with Sanyo and they will probably blame Panasonic. Maybe someone will have a solution, I'll let you know.

Do you mean the side (left as you look at the screen when it's ceiling mounted) where the fan blows out? I did not see a noticable gap but I'll take another look tonight. My last projector was a Benq PB6200 and it had a lot of light spill, out the back, the front. I had to use some strategically placed pieces of black felt to minimize it, being carefull not to block the air flow for cooling.

On the subject of the Sanyo, have you seen this thread about convergence: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?t=1108216? I'd be curious what your experience has been. Mine is not as bad as whalemangler but there is a glow to blue. Let me know or chime in at the thread.

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Archbush....I've noticed the light leakage you are talking about. Mine is also ceiling mounted, and if your looking at the back connection panel it's at the lower left corner directly to the left of the upside down text 'service port'. I didn't notice any from the inputs themselves, and I certainly haven't noticed any from the front, so it's in no way distracting or taking away from image quality.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to complete the loop on this thread. I contacted Sanyo and they're official response is that the PLV-Z60 does not support 24 fps. Yes, it appears that the PS3 as well as other blu-ray players will work but the Panasonic BD30 does not. So I guess it's player dependant.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Z60 connected with HDMI to onkyo 606 and ps3. When I set ps3 to "ON" in the 24fps menu, when watching bluray I saw vertical "cuts" mainly in fast moving scenes. Then I set it to "automatic" in ps3, which fixed the issue. hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, wolverin, I haven't tried it with my PS3 yet (I just got it last weekend). Originally, I was trying to get the Panasonic BD30 to play at 24 fps but now I know it depends on the player. Does the Sanyo indicate that the signal is 24 fps when playing 24 fps content from the PS3?

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Sorry Angry when you set the PS3 to automatic it defaults to 720P/60 with our projectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts