AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were the only two new 720p projectors I seen come out this year and I wanted to know which projector was better.

My main focus is sharpness and zoom. How big the screen gets and still looks good. I never seen these two compared head to head so any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
It's touched on briefly in this review, although they talk about the 720:

http://www.projectorreviews.com/sany...0/proscons.php

Quote:
PLV-Z60 vs. Epson Home Cinema 720

I'm not sure that Epson will be killing off the Home Cinema 720 in December when their new low cost Home Cinema 700 ships. The 720 has more placement flexibility than the new Home Cinema 700, and is more expensive, so I suspect it will be around for quite some time. The Epson Home Cinema 720 fits nicely between the Sanyo and Panasonic entries. Like the PT-AX200U, the Epson significantly brighter than the Sanyo, in best mode, and also the brightest mode, although the Panasonic is brighter still. Still the Epson has plenty of punch for sports with some ambient light, compared to the Sanyo. The Home Cinema 720's image sharpness is not as good as the Sanyo.

Pricing is again similar. Both have comparable placement flexibility. I give the Sanyo the edge in the naturalness of the picture - just a touch more "film-like", as the Epson can sometimes be a little "hard". (I'm talking really small differences here.)

I see the Epson as the projector in the middle, between the Sanyo and the Panasonic. It also has a great warranty - 2 years with an overnight replacement program, compared to Sanyo's longer 3 years, but only "rapid" turn-around.

If you are going smaller screen sizes, or are a movie only person, you likely will favor the Sanyo, but if you are at 106 or 110 inch screen sizes, in a typical room, the Epson has the horsepower advantage you might want.

Since I'm a movie person with a 92 IN screen, I think I did ok getting the Sanyo. It looks like it kinda depends on what you will use it for and where.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts