AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the option of buying either of these projectors for $500 usd. The Sanyo has 500 hrs would that be worth it? the optoma i have yet to figure the hours but say its around the same would either be worth it? So the big question is do i go with the Sanyo or the Optoma? Thanks!

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
I think the Optoma is going to look slightly better, but who knows for sure.

I would personally be more apt to buy a DLP projector used over an LCD with organic panels.

I would take the Optoma unless you need Lens shift.

·
Registered
15,488 Posts
The DLP is more reliable in general than an LCD with organic panels. Make sure the Optoma will fit correctly in your viewing environment, there is an offset and it has no lens shift.

The Sanyo has an IRIS and it has more room to adjust brightness of the image in case the projector ends up being too bright for your screen size and viewing environment. The Sanyo is easier to mount and install.

The Optoma HD20 is slightly sharper, has slightly better blacks until you calibrate the Sanyo and allow the Sanyo's IRIS to be engaged (there is a service menu adjustment to improve black levels on the Sanyo from the z700 owner's thread).

Overall though, the Optoma has more punch in bright scenes and isn't as difficult to calibrate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.