AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After visiting a few places and having a look at different projectors, I bought a sanyo plv60 with a 100" widescreen greyhawk screen, a philips progressive scan dvd player, onkyo txds696 reciever and sony satellite speakers ( i dont have room for floor standing speakers). The screen i saw the sanyo on was just on a white screen and the picture was bright and clear and i didnt see any screen door and the blacks looked black to me, hopefully with a greyhawk screen the picture will look even better. I dont know much about projectors, all i want is a big, good picture, ive been reading things on the forums about iscos and scallers, will it make a noticable improvement, around 70% of my dvds are region 4 and 30% region 1. The projector will be set up in around 2 weeks, once i take it out of the box and set it up, do i need to do anything to the projector, ive been reading on the forum about people tweaking their projector and also using a avia dvd or something, are they available in australia, and most important, is it easy to use.

Also, i know movies have different aspect ratios and when i watch movies in 2:35 there will still be black bars top and bottom, does the sanyo have a zoom to get rid of the black bars, i really hate black bars and think there annoying, if there is will there be much of a picture loss.

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.