AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i have the opportunity to purchase a new Sanyo PLVZ2000 for a very good price.

I haven't had a projector for 5 years last one being the (Sanyo PLV30)

So i know the quality must be amazing by now.

I have loads of DVD'S and around 20 blu ray discs but no BD player as yet. I am looking to project an image of 80-90 inches max with a viewing distance of 10-12 feet.

I have read all of the reviews on PROJ central and Arts review and i am wondering is it worth going for as it is nearly 2 years old. What's selling it to me is that it has the inorganic panels and its 1080p , but i am concerned about the brightness issue although it will mainly be used for evening movie viewing in a light controlled room. I would appreciate your views on this.

Other projectors i have looked at are the Sanyo PLVZ700 and the Epson 6100.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The price is $1717 CAD including tax ex demo with full 3 years sanyo warranty and 12 hours on the bulb. Didnt want to mention prices.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Reviewers seem to like the Z2000 better than the newer plvZ700. The z2000 was going for $1800 after rebates last fall. That price is very good and I would jump on it. You are looking at another $800 or more to move up to the Z3000.

Since I'm in Canada, I'm curious as to where you are buying it....PM me if you can.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tup /forum/post/15544018

Reviewers seem to like the Z2000 better than the newer plvZ700. The z2000 was going for $1800 after rebates last fall. That price is very good and I would jump on it. You are looking at another $800 or more to move up to the Z3000.

Since I'm in Canada, I'm curious as to where you are buying it....PM me if you can.

Thanks

Price is very attractive...1892-200$
http://www.hd.ca/sanyoprojectors/plvz700.php

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased my PLVZ2000 a few months ago and I love it. If you check out the large thread dedicated to this projector you'll find more info that you'll ever need.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Excellent projector, plenty bright enough on 106" screen with even some ambient light(I have only used eco for the most part). I've had it mayby for 9 months or so and still when ever I watch a 1080p flick I'm still always in ah, just love it and I'm sure you will too, and for the price you won't and can't beat the performance of this machine. Good luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your comments i really appreciate it. I will be getting it in the next few days cant wait !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts